Gone Skateboarding?

Footprints are top notch, worth every penny!

1 Like

Still feeling a bit breathy from covid last week (and having a massive weekend at a stag do probably not helping) but went for my first skate in a couple weeks last night and it was very enjoyable

Think I might even skate street next week…

1 Like

Bailing on a slappy will never have felt so good

2 Likes

Can confirm. Did bail.

1 Like

In other news @nazoreth skived off work then bullied me into actually doing tricks instead of mincing around. Did my first 360 flip in about a year and landed a few slappies and boardslides. Very hot but would recommend, 8/10

8 Likes

@BDF vicious lies! I just moved my work into the afternoon and am now suffering in a hot office

it was stupidly hot wasn’t it. oh well. nothing like standing shirtless in a sweltering skatepark swearing at scooter kids :wink:

5 Likes

I did more than I was expecting to

1 Like

Went out for a Couple of hours earlier. Got three front tails after putting some effort in and went home happy - not done one for about 8 years.

5 Likes

was forecast a nice 24c yesterday so me and my friend opted to go to seaburn as it’s right on the coast so figured few hours skate, couple beers on the beach etc. sea fret rolled in and it ended up feeling like skating in fucking silent hill.

6 Likes

Out for a Couple of hours earlier. Probably not the greatest decision as my ribs still hurt from last weeks slam and likely will for a while but wanted to get out and at least try and take it easy. Enjoyable but painful and nothing to report regarding tricks. Did the same thing as last week when I slammed but caught myself and rolled out thankfully. Shattered now.

Cool story bro etc etc

3 Likes

Went here near York today - not exactly Fred Gall’s DIY but good for a Monday push around

There’s more bumps further up the path up too - bigger / softer wheels would have improved the visit

9 Likes

Smellins DIY in St Helens

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CiieNiyAtMk/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

1 Like

Can’t believe this is the first time I’ve skated here , gnarly but fun. Only managed to flip this as the get on has a 3-4 inch dirt gap . Lots of us slapping the floor on the way down .
But still would recommend

How Knox tre flipped it is nuts

1 Like

So stoked, got my first backside 360 no comply tonight.

14 Likes

Better than anything drink can offer you!

3 Likes

last couple skates, trying to make the most of the 2nd spot before the clutches of redevelopment take it (even though it was built about 6 years ago)

7 Likes

Wow that first curb spot looks like a lot of fun

3 Likes

Are the ledges at keel getting knocked down?

Not 100% sure, obviously it’s all fenced off atm and I don’t see why they’d tear them down when they only got built 6 years ago or so but at the same time they built that random manny pad around the corner, and then tore that out in order to build a “heritage” museum there. I’d like to think they’d keep the ledges as the rest of the architecture around there is similar, but they’re turning the old police station into some weird hybrid office/rentable space/gym thing so might end up being a bust. Been trying to find plans/design docs for the area but no luck.

Lotta regeneration happening/in the works, kinda bonkers to see considering they built fuckall in Sunderland for years if not decades then in the last few years all that shits popped up across the road from Keel, the civic centers getting levelled, the train stations been levelled and getting rebuilt (good riddance) then they’ve laid out a framework for regenerating the entire riverside (though that seems like it’ll just end up being a discount quayside…) - hopefully some decent spots come out of it. If you’re curious you can skim through the framework here;

Looks like they want to turn the dual carriageway next to Keel into a single one and spruce up the freed area a bit.

3 Likes

Ah fair!
Yeah it was weird they built and knocked down that ledge/two set after a few years. Managed to film some stuff on there before it went.
Think we’ll try and film as much stuff at Keel as possible then!