Gone Skateboarding?

Went out tonight and my ollies seem to be improving, was popping into 5050s more consistently. Slappies are really fun but it’s nice to be able to mix it with ollies into grinds too. Been a stressful day so was nice to end it on a positive note.

8 Likes

Not been feeling it recently but had a very enjoyable solo hour or so at the park just now. Big fan of this dodgy wide angle setting on phone

9 Likes

Just come back from the indoor park. Filmed a quick line but sat down and ended up being too stiff to do anything else. Still got a couple hours in so stoked

9 Likes

trying to make the most of the light now it’s starting to get dark at 4pm

@Bish good news, some of the fencing came down showing the original runup for the ledges off the long 3 is intact, and it looks like they’re simply going to landscape around it. looks like they’re putting the blind bumps on the new stuff but hopefully the old stuff stays intact

4 Likes

Oh sick news! And a sick little line as well!

shockingly nice weather for November

5 Likes

MK tonight :blush:

2 Likes

sw k was a bit dubious but whatever. weathers suddenly went from being shockingly warm in november to pissing down for the foreseeable future

4 Likes

Not much going on in this thread lately.

Good fun at the park tonight. About 3°C, took a while to feel my frozen toes.
Posting this here for those that aren’t on Insta:
https://www.instagram.com/stories/francoisgrand/2987510118719037522/

Take that ride on hipsters, haha. :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

I went skating this morning and it took me over two hours to warm up. Was even shitter than usual the whole time…but I still enjoyed it!

4 Likes

Yeah I think the right state of mind in those conditions is to remember that being on your board is already a victory. Expect nothing, enjoy what you can do.

I went for a cruise on a filmer board on Sunday, I was hungover, I did nothing, just cruised around wearing tons of layers feeling like the Michelin Man, it was awesome.

3 Likes

I need to make a move. As per pointless thread life has gotten in the way a little, plus old man aches flaring up. Cold doesn’t help. I should push for something this weekend but will likely be painting.

I always find your footage pretty inspiring @franc, so well done! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

What a compliment! Thanks for the kind words mate! :heart:

1 Like

Had my thumb in a cast for the last 3 weeks and find out if I need surgery on Monday. If so, no ‘gone skateboarding’ for me for quite a while. At least it’s winter, I suppose.

Went to Spit and Sawdust last night and the place was rammed. People ripping everywhere. Crews from Birmingham, Bristol, Swansea, valleys, flipping mental. Jordan Thackeray, the Carve Wicked lot and Forecast crews were ruling the bowl and Dylan Hughes and Kris Vile were smashing the street course.

I mainly sat around watching and having a beer cos I’ve hurt my leg but forced myself to have a roll around. There’s an amazing scene at the park at the moment, the level of skating is getting higher all the time. It’s pretty sick.

14 Likes

Skated for the third time this week tonight. Got out to a new local park for a hour. Been making excuses not to go as it’s always super busy, and my abilities are waning more and more. But had a fun roll.

3 Likes

I find it really hard when it’s busy…I’m not as quick as I used to be so my chances of running into someone and causing us both to slam are 100% higher these days! I need to get into the bowl and kneepads thing.

#metoo

I can’t focus on my trick if there’s somebody trying a trick or rolling close to me, and I get really distracted by people who skate sketchily, I see them getting close to getting hurt doing weird things and it freaks me out and I lose focus.

Going my indoor TF tonight for weekly skate.

So hyped for it. It’s -5 degrees though. So thermals all round.

2 Likes

bring spare stuff. had a car park session in -2 yesterday and i cracked a deck, another guy snapped a kingpin

1 Like