If you had a private park...

Dart board and a slightly higher than kerb height manny pad.

1 Like

A ‘Z’ shaped snake run, and instead of transition it has big hips like the old Radlands hip. 6 or 7 hips in a row would be brilliant.
Crawley Spine Ramp needs to be in there.
The old southbank mellow bank gap (but a bit shorter so I might actually clear it).
An amazing scooter park next door so they stay away from the skatepark.
A massive sign that says ‘SITTING ON LEDGES IS FOR CUNTS!’.

A cafe selling Arancini and playing a Da Deal Is Dead VHS on loop.

2 Likes

i’d kill for some arancini right now

2 Likes

arancini yes please :slightly_smiling_face:
loads of these parks sound great

• a part-time security guard to occasionally chase after people. keep it spicy.
  • a projector and roll-down cinema screen for premieres + pre-session video stoke
  • a couple of “impossible” obstacles (slightly too high ledge, dead whippy quarter, weird angles, EMB-style trapdoors etc) where you’d really have to take time and get to know the park and be creative to do anything on them + if you manage a trick it’s actually an event and you’re a legend.
  • a nearby field with magic mushrooms and a lake
4 Likes

when did radlands finally close? was there a leaving jam? memories getting foggy

october 2004 - yeah there was a jam on the last day but it wasn’t as busy as i thought it should have been

2 Likes

It was a while ago because I wasn’t bald then and I could still do tricks. Was a rad jam, sad though.

1 Like

It’s the snip I tell you!!!

haha, nah, I lost hair and tricks many years before the snip.

3 Likes

An over-40’s only night obviously

3 Likes

A big warehouse with polished Asda floortiles.

And a big stack of plywood and assorted skate able junk.

1 Like

Situated next to a beach for a start.
Smooth tarmac flatground area.
OG Slades Farm/Derby Park snake run.
PlayStation small mini ramp.
Lumpy, mogul, bank section a bit like Santa Rosa skatepark.
Southbank bank to wall.
Venice Beach and SF DMV curbs.
Pier 7 ledges.
A slightly off-vert freestanding wall.

That would do it for me.

1 Like

Santa Barbara skatepark in California. It’s just heaven - situated right at the beach in a beautiful town. That’s where I want to retire.

1 Like

Sandwiched between a 24hr sports massage clinic, milf yoga studio, crèche and wetherspoons it would have:

• OG bay66 mini replica
  • small concrete quarter from mudchute
  • Manny box
  • mile end toblerone ledges and hip
  • random shit that used to knock about in the paddling pool at chingford circa 1989
  • pool and table tennis tables
  • loads of seating positioned to take full advantage of the sun and foot traffic from aforesaid yoga studio
6 Likes
  • Fountain of youth
2 Likes
  • Cheese and wine/port bar

• No obstacles more than 3 feet tall

• Weird whippy quarter in a corner section that’s really low like the one in the corner at Crawley

• Manny pads and hipped banks/pyramids make up the bulk of things.

• One of those tall, sloped curbs you get at bus stops

• Prohibitively expensive retractable roof like at Wimbledon for when the weather’s good

• Gigs where the band is set up in the mini, with the mini still being available to use like it’s an early 2000s pop punk music video.

3 Likes

Cigar lounge

Pfft how does drinking alcohol make your legs tired. That’s some 5G gives you your corona business

2 Likes

Haha, I know right? The more you skate, the better you’ll be, it’s that easy.

2 Likes

Tasty though.