Illegal Tricks

Agreeing with this little conversation piece.

This started quite long ago now, I’m not even sure why as he’s more than capable of putting out good stuff. These days it’s like almost any footage he puts out has to have some kind of ‘hilarious’ mess around stuff to go with it; doing weird style on landings or shouting or some other weirdness.It’s a bit boring.

What if it’s like a confidence thing? Almost like self sabotaging his own skill level so that he doesn’t have to live up to the legacy of 2003 era Koston.

Or more likely he’s got that Nike money so doesn’t really care. See also Janoski

2 Likes

Having to do the full 360 in a line is just common sense. It’s manners.

1 Like

All about the symmetry – little example but any excuse to watch this clip again. Should start at Bs Flip, Switch Fs flip.

2 Likes

Can apply Creager logic to benihanas too. Fingerflip optional.

1 Like

Regular noseslide to fakie is tight. Look at Penny and Quim, they make them look rad. Frontside noseslide to fakie is great too, especially if done by Josh Matthews or Callum Paul.

@Londonskater @sk8arrog8 What’s wrong with 5-0 to switch Ks? Give them a crack, they feel pretty good.

I hate popped 360 shove-its.

Is this anything to do with how when the skater lands them, it’s knee clacking stuff and both feet are close together at the front of the board?
If so, I’m with you on this.

Penny and Quim, no one else.

1 Like

Very few passable 360 shove it’s.

Harry Lintells down Lloyd’s gets a pass tho. And anyone who does them f/s

2 Likes

Cairo

2 Likes

4 Likes

Always wanted to learn frontside 360 shuvs, one day, one day

I had better fs shuvs than BS shuvs.

Ditto. Front shuvs pop up so nice, my back shuvs look like I learnt to skate last week

Edit - wait you talking about 360 shuvs??

Nah, neat little throw in a line, 180 pop shuv.
My front sides were more controlled than backside.

1 Like

Noselside to fakie is dope! Dollin needs to be added to that list.

360 Pop Shuvs are good, done right. Gino, Pietryga…
Too many people ruined them by claiming “impossible”.
We used to call them “Shoveables”

1 Like

Absolutely loving the popularity of this thread :joy::joy::joy::joy:
Perhaps rename to ‘skate fascism?’

1 Like

have you seen the version of this thread over on slap? i’m fairly sure every single trick in skateboarding has been mentioned there at some point

3 Likes

Slaps too nsfw…

just to add - no complies where the wheels hit the ground before the planted foot has lifted.

a No-comflop, if you will.
If you plant your foot, do a trick then step back on, it’s a footplant, not a no-comply.

1 Like