Illegal Tricks

nah i fully get that. i feel like Guy could still put a part out now that would blow minds, Koston…dunno…

Yeah Koston no way.

It’s funny, take Hawk for example - 15 years or so older than Koston and in the last 12 months he’s put out a proper legit vert part, plus, a park section which probably took more effort than his ‘proper’ footage.

Imagine a world where Koston put out an actual proper street part plus a vert section just to challenge himself

2 Likes

I used to be on the fence about backside noseslide 270 out (carrying on in the same direction). Then I saw Gillette, Jensen and AVE all do them in a really short space of time and I was sold.

Mid-line reverts from fakie back to regs drive me insane. If you need be regs for the next trick of a line just figure out a different trick to do before it.

2 Likes

I think because they properly nollie cab out of them whereas what your likely to see at your local park is someone falling out and reverting the 270

can’t remember who was talking about this on the nine club but it’s so true. think it was Chris Cole. what’s the point in doing a 180 trick and then reverting. either just don’t do the 180 trick or do another one. i compulsively follow up any shove it based trick with another shove it based trick for this reason

1 Like

There was a reeeaalllly old Gonz interview where he went on about lines having to do the ‘yin’ and the ‘yang’ or they don’t feel right. If you do a trick that goes 180, you then have to do the opposite 180 at some point later in the same line, or it doesn’t feel right.

Edit: I think I remember now, he said the line “isn’t complete” if you don’t do the finishing 180, and if it isn’t complete then it won’t feel right.

1 Like

i totally feel that

1 Like

Ricky Oyola was talking about that in one of his interviews, too.

Agreeing with this little conversation piece.

This started quite long ago now, I’m not even sure why as he’s more than capable of putting out good stuff. These days it’s like almost any footage he puts out has to have some kind of ‘hilarious’ mess around stuff to go with it; doing weird style on landings or shouting or some other weirdness.It’s a bit boring.

What if it’s like a confidence thing? Almost like self sabotaging his own skill level so that he doesn’t have to live up to the legacy of 2003 era Koston.

Or more likely he’s got that Nike money so doesn’t really care. See also Janoski

2 Likes

Having to do the full 360 in a line is just common sense. It’s manners.

1 Like

All about the symmetry – little example but any excuse to watch this clip again. Should start at Bs Flip, Switch Fs flip.

2 Likes

Can apply Creager logic to benihanas too. Fingerflip optional.

1 Like

Regular noseslide to fakie is tight. Look at Penny and Quim, they make them look rad. Frontside noseslide to fakie is great too, especially if done by Josh Matthews or Callum Paul.

@Londonskater @sk8arrog8 What’s wrong with 5-0 to switch Ks? Give them a crack, they feel pretty good.

I hate popped 360 shove-its.

Is this anything to do with how when the skater lands them, it’s knee clacking stuff and both feet are close together at the front of the board?
If so, I’m with you on this.

Penny and Quim, no one else.

1 Like

Very few passable 360 shove it’s.

Harry Lintells down Lloyd’s gets a pass tho. And anyone who does them f/s

2 Likes

Cairo

2 Likes

4 Likes