Illegal Tricks

After seeing those two I think a no comply backtail is 100% permitted.

Delightful surprise when Denis shoved it out

It still looks like it’s really fiddly, and really hit and miss.

I like them even though I had no idea they existed.

For me…a few which spring to mind are:

Tailslide 270 (German Tailslide)
Switch Tail 270 (Canadian Tailslide)
Ironic Benihana
Benihana (German Ollie)
Grabs down stairs
Frontside Five O to Switch K (Backside is dope).
K Grind to Fakie (switch with style is dope)
Dolphin/Murder flips or whatever.
That push where you don’t generate speed…you just maintain speed but fill up time.
Fronboard Body Varial to Front Lip (The Euro Shuffle)
Nollie Varial Heel
Willy Grinds

4 Likes

Except when Creager does them.

Except when Creager does them.

Do I need to say it again?!

Are we saying fs or bs 270 out of the tail slide, and is it a fs tailslide? Because I would 100% agree with fs, I’ve never seen someone do one that didn’t immediately kill their speed or look janky.

But someone posted something on insta the other day of a backtail bs 270 out and it look so sick. I’ll see if I can find it

This

1 Like

I don’t have an issue with the trick, also that’s a downhill landing so there’s no wonder he kept the speed up.

I think it can be done well in general, it’s just that a lot of people with stinking styles have ruined the trick.

Greg Lutzka before he kooked it.

This is post kook but still good

The first time i remember seeing one was Appleyard in Sorry and even he tick tacked out of it

Glad somebody else hates this shit.

Looks good to me, not necessarily one of my favourites either but not illegal in my opinion.

I don’t think they are illegal just that any trick like that is boring as fuck because they have been done constantly for about 15 years. Only a few people can peak my interest when doing standard flip in and flip/spin out stuff.

Anything, literally anything that Todd Falcon does. But so illegal it goes full circle and becomes rad because he’s a fucking space cadet.

6 Likes

The ol’ ‘push-to-slow-down’ tactic.

3 Likes

Do you prefer the non-ironic ones?
I always do - always see a few classics at big contests - there’s something refreshingly innocent about people just doing beni’s without trying to be Koston (look at how quirky I am) about it.

i think it’s kind of impressive how good Koston is whilst screwing around. casually throwing out front and back 3s with zero effort. he looks like he could do anything he wants and just does that is fun. obviously he’s a massive kook now but still

1 Like

you rule.

2 Likes

I wish Koston would fuck around less.
He has become a parody of himself.
I was such a fan…

RE: Tailslide 270 - backside is dope. Frontside is my issue.