In the news thread

Vice piece but worth a read

1 Like

They always get in somewhere ā€˜Tommy Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennonā€™ like with Gary Glitter (real name Paul Francis Gadd). I wonder if itā€™s a requirement, or if itā€™s just a passing fact they always include, or if they only do it for people who use a pseudonym and are bell ends, or some other reason.

Makes the person who changed their name sound kind of withering, Iā€™m backing it.

2 Likes

I wonder if heā€™s changed it legally?

I was driving yesterday and on the radio they referred to him as ā€œStephen Yaxley Lennon, who calls himself Tommy Robinsonā€

Itā€™s like when they refer to ISIS as ā€œthe so called Islamic stateā€

1 Like

Because if they had to call him by what he actually is only the news at ten could use it.

1 Like

Didnā€™t we, the UK, recently say that we were not going to involve ourselves with following the US with this tension with Iran?

I suppose in part thatā€™s true as we seem to be the agitators and not the followers.

NASS festival sounds so shit:

People do it with Blondey when heā€™s doing some questionable stuff too.

Woah yeah I remember him! He used to skate for Palace.

No, Iā€™m talking about the artist.

The media certainly donā€™t do it for Boris Johnson (real name Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson).

2 Likes

de pfeffel? fuck thatā€™s hilarious. I wonder who has the most pretentious name that theyā€™re attempting to hideā€¦

Maybe this is the default response we should be giving trump anytime he criticises the UK.

In other news:

A lot of people are going to be shot, if theyā€™re stupid enough.

Everybody knows Area 51 is only there to divert attention from Area 52.

The idea of flying saucers was put about to throw people off the scent of the stealth bomber that was in development. Associating this shape with a disk rather than a wing. Also to shit the enemy up that they had alien tech

Iā€™d agree that 99.99999% of ā€˜sightingsā€™ are just various types of military aircraft, there are some genuinely mysterious cases though of things that have been seen by pilots etc that just donā€™t add up. I wouldnā€™t even suggest theyā€™re aliens, just odd.

UFO sightings have been going on way before radar, so before the stealth bomber could of even been a concept. I believe there has been a lot of disinformation too, to keep people looking in the wrong direction. If you think it is hard to fool entire populations, just look at religion. Usually based around one very vague book, with very little really known about it, the people or a lot of it provable (places, times, dates, etc), look at all the different religions that contradict each other, yet they are followed by billions (based on Earths population being 7.53 billion).
UFOs could be time travellers or Lizard overlords for all we know. There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Human knowledge is still very limited, future generations will look back at us, as living in the dark ages now. I also believe there has been a massive step taken in technology over the past century that seems to have come from nowhere at times.

1 Like

And then thereā€™s the Fermi paradox - if the universe is so large, why havenā€™t we discovered extra terrestrial life yet? My guess is weā€™re probably just not interesting or intelligent enough - as a civilsation, weā€™re not even at 1 on the Kardeshev scale and thereā€™s definitely a couple of filters to get through, like ecological or military self-destruction. Useful infographic hereā€¦

1 Like

I personally donā€™t think aliens have been here or ever will and itā€™s basically all bollocks, wishful thinking etc. And I used to cane the X Files.

Iā€™d like to believe it though. Would be cool if they intervened and saved us.