In the news thread

What’s the point in the Queen giving this speech later when it’s pretty much all been read out on the news or featured in online newspaper sites for most of the day?
Might as well not bother.
Probably shouldn’t have bothered in the first place.

Least convincing apology ever. Makes me wonder if she took the SNP Bentley either time.

2 Likes

The Queen is in danger of looking even more out of touch with ‘her people’ than usual and the monarchy less relevant than ever.

Everybody knows that. The few hundred 90 year-olds who gives a fuck about the royal family will get their entertainment and everything will carry on. I doubt there are houses of people on the edge of their seats waiting to hear what brilliant idea or rousing message the queen has.

It’d be amazing if she died soon. No cunt at her funeral, nobody able to cover it and much more important things happening every day anyway.

2 Likes

She might surprise everyone and do one of those streamed home party things knocking out a 3hr back to back set with Phil.

Do a Boiler Room to connect with the youth.

4 Likes

Isn’t that Andrews speciality?

1 Like

For some bizarre reason, my mum, who’s one of a sizable closet handful of Irish fans of the royal family, still has Princess Diana’s funeral broadcast on VHS. That’s despite the fact that she will never make the time to sit and watch the thing, yet alone work out how to use the VCR, which she still has hooked up to the TV. She goes apeshit every time I tell her to ditch it.

“Oh no, the Princess of Hearts’ wedding tape?! Somebody has to keep hold of it!”

Archiving. Respectable.

1 Like

Boris in hospital.

Wasn’t he getting out of isolation last friday?

He didn’t as he had maintained a temperature.
Easy to be suspicious that it was all bollocks but having shaken the hands of people with it, I wouldn’t say he hasn’t got it.
Might find himself in a ditch after all, not that I wish that upon anybody.

He was meant to be but still has symptoms… gone into hospital as a precautionary measure (sky news)

He’ll be alright, remember he got the NHS an extra 350 million a week when we left the EU.

4 Likes

OOOOOFFFFFFFFF

I’m not sure that he’s coming out in support of him at all. He’s saying that if you read the book you might come away thinking he did nothing wrong. Not quite the same as saying that he actually believes he did nothing wrong.

1 Like

Yeah reading it back that could quite well be the sentiment but still is a total wishy washy bullshit Hollywood blind eye turning response. Thought LD was better than that (yes I know he’s beenin his film the past)

I’ve not followed it all closely but listening to his son talking about it left me with the impression that he’s definitely a wrongun.

I’m sure loads of people do have doubts about it but feel like when there are numerous allegations of that nature against someone I’d expect certain people to distance them selves. Of course a load of people aren’t going to believe it because he’s such a powerful figure in Hollywood who has proven to be very profitable.

I’m aware there have been investigations into the abuse and they’ve ruled in his favour but he’s got so much money who knows what the deal really is. Yes we’ll probably never know the true story but I think when such sketch shit has been seriously thrown at someone I wouldn’t expect someone like Larry to say something like that.