In the news thread

Regardless of whether or not he’s guilty (he’s definitely a bit sketchy), he hasn’t created a well received film for at least half a decade, if not more

Worth a listen.

1 Like

Yes, and they’re probably separate issues (the quality of his work declining/the allegations against him), for the most part. And he is still free to make whatever film’s he would like and theres still plenty of people lining up to work with him. But equally, theres a substantial amount of people who have spoken out against him and a lot of people who don’t want anything to do with him.

Both points of view are valid, but I think the past few years have obviously shown that just because you’re not convicted of a crime, that doesn’t make you not sketchy.

Is this the right time to admit that I have never seen any of his films?

1 Like
2 Likes

I feel like a book that he wrote himself may be a bit biased in the matter?

That’s the thing. I’m not sure if I want to now with all these allegations going about.

Bill Wyman was having it with an underage Mandy Smith. Stop listening to The Rolling Stones! Oh Priscilla Presley was underage too, as for Jerry Lee Lewis marrying his 13 year old cousin…

Everytime I break into i believe I can fly I have to checkiddy check myself

1 Like

Johnson in intensive care.

Christ.

I don’t see nothing wrong, with a little bump and grind

Pretty crazy.

My favourite Woody Allen film.

1 Like

Slightly different, obviously Weinstein had a behind the scenes role and often decided on the films final cut he didn’t put (a version of) himself as the lead role in the majority of his most famous films.

And also regarding ‘hasn’t been accused of Weinstein shit’ he’s been accused of sexual assault

Have to mention Sleeper, surprised you have not seen this Keith.
First time I watched it I nearly wet myself. Not sure it would have the same effect now but it’s good.
If anyone is touchy about musicians being a bit wayward with fans of varying ages then you might as well just buy Adele’s albums and stick them on repeat for ever and certainly stay clear of anything pre 90’s.
Not saying Billy is one of these as he’s not got the face for those type of fans but I know he’s an utter bell but I can still happily listen to the Smashing pumpkins.

2 Likes

Just had to look up his filmography on Wikipedia to make sure i was telling the truth. But I’ve not seen any. I’ve heard about his more famous ones but never had any on video or DVD. To be honest, since streaming and having a vast amount of films available at an instant, I barely watch anything anymore.

Nope, you can’t have that one.

3 Likes

Go on…