In the news thread

Nah, if anyone else had said it apart of the president they’d have been sacked already.

These women are elected democrats, by the American people. Three of the women were born in the US, but apparently they’re ‘originally from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all),’ They personally, are not originally from any country but the USA. With immigrant family, like every USA citizen that is not a Native American.

3 Likes

Disagree there, it’s merely another ignorant thing he’s said, you can’t be sacked for saying something that isn’t correct; to suggest someone should go back their country if they were born in your own country doesn’t make any sense so it’s hard to see how you could prosecute someone for that.

The headlines don’t match his words and that’s led to outrage, it’s being openly called his ‘go home tweet’ and that’s twisting his words.

‘Why don’t they go back’ is not the same as ‘Go home!’

“Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came” is worse. Telling them to fuck off back to where they came from, and then slagging those places (three quarters of which are in America anyway) is pretty ridiculous.

Why change one to the other then?

Nobody needs to over think it; he certainly didn’t. It’s a racist telling people of another colour to go back to their own countries. Or he thought that’s what he was saying, anyway.

Needs those headlines at this stage in the campaign…

Not in my view, it’s not been working so far, it’s just him saying something and everyone being outraged over and over again.

Well yeah, people like us. Do you think Republicans are outraged by the headlines? It’s empowering.

Yeah I’m sure they love those on the left going nuts and tweeting like mad. If Trump doesn’t take care of things like jobs and economy then they’ll very soon be feeling much less empowered in my view and turn on this rich and loud businessman pretty quick.

STOP THE PRESSES

Fuck man, that site is the worst. Every town has one now too, it seems. One big news publisher doing these ‘news’ stories for everywhere. Mostly paid promotion and guff like this. Unreal.

“Customers in tears” probably means ‘Somebody tutted because they’d have to walk 100 yards down the road to Burger King’.

I didn’t realise how fucked that site was without an adblocker:

echo

Wow, gross. AdBlocker currently blocking 17 things on the Glasgow version.

I’ve looked at our local one for Derbyshire and sometimes the ads actually spread out from the boarders over the text o the news story. its so lame. No printed newspapers in our town anymore (Not that I ever bought one).

1 Like

the scary pictures on fags/tobacco aren’t actually smoking-related, and the amputated leg one was used without the person’s consent.

TL;DR FAGS R GRATE

1 Like

Lovely fags!

2 Likes

I used to follow our local paper online, but when the headlines started with “Costa Coffee to introduce new iced coffee flavours to Falmouth” I knew it was time to step away. That and half their stories are just from people’s Facebook posts. The ad generator is just so desperate.

1 Like

Same here. It’s poorly-hidden paid content, and shit like ‘You’ll never believe who this Twitter user met at the Beyonce show!’ and it’ll be some twat from some local sitcom or something posing with a drunk moron.

edit to add:

1 Like

2 Likes

Heavy news day yesterday here in the Royal Borough.