In the news thread

Cheery local stories

Lol. Reminded me of this insane drama from my patch

"Fire fighters from Crymych managed to release her after seven minutes.

They were called to the café at 1.22pm this afternoon.

A fire service spokesman said they used small gear and screwdrivers to free the woman.

Crews were back at the station at 1.36pm."

2 Likes

jesus.

Here’s the full story.
It’s just as bad if not a little more daft.

1 Like

Damn! Must be a heavy presence. There isn’t too many churches of Scientology in the uk but there’s one in Sunderland and only after seeing it for years in the city centre growing up did I actually realise how weird it was, like, it was only one of about 4 in the North of England I think for a while. We used to knock on the door and run haha. Was just off the high street too. What the fuck is the Sunderland Scientology meetings like :joy:

1 Like

A new religion that preys on the vulnerable

This is about a local person to here.

Local news thread, surely?? This is amazing.

yeah, him saying these things never help rally his fanbase

Nice straw man, my point was that so much of this outrage about Trump saying things nearly always amounts to nothing. If these followers end up having less jobs, lower pay and live in a country with a weaker economy they’ll turn on him pretty quick.

Quite a long read but highlights from a book about America’s first ambassador in Nazi Germany

Very scary parallels

“Within two months we will have pushed Hitler so far into a corner that he’ll squeak.” (pre-WW2)

Suffolk Gazette, “You Couldn’t Make It up”

1 Like

NEWS!

1 Like

good.

I see Ben will be folding a piano at this year’s festival:

2 Likes

" Andy Llewellyn was halfway through a 5km run on Tuesday night when he felt an “almighty whack” against the back of his head.

The 44-year-old then heard “the flapping of wings” and reached up to feel blood on his head – but he went on to finish the rest of his run and even BEAT his personal best".

As he ran like never before fearing for his life?

2 Likes

The photo of the guy’s head is pretty gnarly!

More local news to set the world on fire.

1 Like

The moment of truth then.

Please don’t be Boris.