In the news thread

Been in regular contact with a mate over there and he was very aware that it was wiping out folks in care homes etc while we were still being given the “look how well Sweden is doing without lockdown” nonsense in our news.

1 Like

Government def knows it’s actively sending people out to die.
My next door neighbour is having treatment for cancer and obviously it’s been on hold, until sept I think he said but had a call yesterday asking him if he wants to come in for a session asap. They are trying to shoe in as much as they can as they expect a big second wave.
Also My brother in law told us his friend owns a roller shutter door company and he has been given a council contract to put shutter doors on all the village halls in the county, nice he thought, until he realised that they are planned to be temp morgues.

2 Likes

Grim as fuck

Accidentally got caught up in the London BLM march as I didn’t know it was happening and was torn between wanting to show solidarity and not wanting to potentially catch corona, as it was the most people I’d been around in 3 months.

Decided not to risk it.

Lol:

I don’t know what’s funny about this?

Karma for Sharma

They could be about to charge someone with Madeleine McCann’s murder, 2020 is a crazy old year.

John Boyega yesterday at Hyde Park. Stirring and heartfelt stuff.

1 Like

It’s not the closure that they would want but it’s definitely going to help them knowing.
It’s crazy that it became such a joke for everyone that they still pursued their case. Not sure who or how the apology would form but it needs to be acknowledged and the cross on their door scrubbed off.

eghhh don’t know about that. their story seemed very sketchy at first, there were good reasons why the police looked so closely at them. i swear the mother changed her story slightly at one point as well. the usual disgusting media circus that we have around everything was very wrong but i can see why they were suspected for a fair while

imagine a parent nowadays leaving their kids asleep in a room like that whilst they weren’t even close by. times have changed for sure

An important email that’s going around:

Sharing this because continued action is needed - sorry for the bcc.

Below is a template letter to send to your local MP demanding the prime minister say Black Lives Matter and demands the U.K. stop selling the US police anti protest gear like rubber bullets and tear gas - that’s being used against protestors.

It’s very easy to look up your MP, so please send and keep the link moving.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15G95RzgXqLKBRYiU0INUlWke0kmRysSHlg8_vwOEQg8/mobilebasic

5 Likes

no i agree with you fully. to be publicly accused and dragged through the mud must’ve been hell. my point being that i get why the suspicion was there to begin with. the detectives had shat the bed from the start and had nothing to go except accuse the parents tho

2 Likes

I remember being given whisky so I’d fall asleep before my parents went out for dinner on holiday (in the exotic climes of the Scottish borders) once. Didn’t do me any harm, although my therapist does go on about it quite a lot.

8 Likes

Oh no, what the hell?

Was half way through writing a letter to my MP, just getting to that subject so will add that in as well.

Gunna ask my mum tonight. I bet they did when I was a kid.

Our house keys were routinely left in the front door when I was a kid, often overnight. Imagine doing that now.

3 Likes

Did it last week with the door open. I’m in a flat though.

2 Likes