In the news thread

Quite surprised Trump hasn’t tried to call this a Chinese storm

Man that vid is Fucked . America is so Fucked. So many people Radicalised , on both sides.
As much as I hate the UK right now , I’m glad I live here.

That’s almost unreal. Holy fuck. Video game shit.

The Republican Convention is on right nlow and I bet they aren’t even thinking about it, beyond the numbers of troops they should send in. The whole this is going worryingly unreported.

I can’t believe people are saying that the guy with the skateboard deserved to die because he was attacking someone carrying an assault rifle through a crowd. That’s exactly the sort of thing I imagine ISIS supporters to be saying about Ignacio. It’s mortifying. I have no hope for the US. It’s a car crash.

4 Likes

It’s insane. So many people defending the shooter. There’s a video online where the shooter gets chased into a parking lot then shoots one of the chasers in the head. Guy with a handgun tries to disarm him (instead of just shooting him from a distance) and gets shot. Skateboard guy gets shot doing the same. How the fuck is that justifiable self defence? The US is fucked

Fucking. Hell.

https://twitter.com/thetimes/status/1299230271653502976?s=20

Why can’t you believe it? You know who the president is, right?

1 Like

American logic “if he went there to shoot people there would’ve been a lot more deaths, he was protecting property”

So much property being protected right now…

I think the first two paragraphs alone in that should tell anyone it shouldn’t go ahead.

They tested “non-negative”. I wonder if there’s a simpler and clearer way of writing that? :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

“your test came back… The result is maybe

Doesn’t it need to get sent away again now? All they know is that they can’t confirm that it’s negative so different boffins in a different lab can see if it’s actually positive, or if there’s immunity or whatever.

Age 17 with an illegally owned weapon, reportedly driven across state lines from Illinois to Wisconsin by his mother.

There’s footage circulating of US police (tooled up like the army) saying to Rittenhouse and other militia clowns that they appreciate the support and what they’re doing, before handing them out some bottles of water.

Meanwhile Jacob Blake is handcuffed to his hospital bed, having lost a major part of his intestines and his spine is severed after being shot 7 times in the back by police.
Meanwhile

1 Like

Rittenhouse walked towards the police with a loaded gun and got welcomed, Blake walked away from the police, unarmed, and got shot seven times in the back.

1 Like

Man they’re down a fucking deep hole with this shit. They really need trump gone or I can see major civil unrest/uprising in his next 4 years. Especially with no covid resolve and unemployment/poverty rises.

1 Like

Civil war? Really? Do you not think that 99% of Americans are just watching this on the news, making of it whatever they will and then just going about their days like normal? In their daily lives talking to people who voted for Trump or didn’t vote for Trump and mostly just getting on with it whatever side they’re on.

3 Likes

the way things are going it could be almost as bad even if biden wins, as all the trump nut jobs will dig in and become more entrenched and active and combative but from opposition position (revenge, bad losers, refusal to accept it etc) rather than overt (we are in charge) authority position

at least the direction from the top would not be actively promoting the far right agenda but it does seem like more confrontation with armed miltias’s and killing of unarmed protesters is the inevitable tragic outcome.

if kyle shithouse gets found not guilty on plea of self defense then that will be another escalation

2 Likes

What the fuck?! Waiting for it to ‘die down’, yeah?

Erm, Northern Ireland?

1 Like