In the news thread

Yeah and a lot more guns. Just saying the history of how fucked up things can be isn’t that far in our distant past.

2 Likes

I’m not suggesting that they are, many are clearly very unhappy but dealing with the same shit they always were whilst doing what they need to in order to feed their families etc. What I’m saying is that it’s easy to get a somewhat distorted view by watching the news. I hope I’m not wrong but I don’t think that America is on the verge of collapsing into a failed state as some of the more hysterical commentators seem to believe.

It feels a bit like how many Americans reacted to seeing the wave of terror attacks in Europe. A lot of them seemed to form an impression that the whole continent was pretty much a warzone forgetting that it is a massive place where most people were feeling every bit as distant from the events as them.

March on Washington live on BBC News now.

Heard that last night on the radio, utterly irresponsible and dangerous. No wonder people take to guns.

That speach could lead to blood on her hands , but she wouldn’t care either unless it’s was one of her republicans.

1 Like

Karen!

Wow, a lot of people turned up. Are the vaccines mandatory?

1 Like

“It’s going to be packed here so get down quick” … at this protest against measure being taken against…an airborne virus :man_facepalming:

I’m guessing the govt models for the second spike includes factoring in “mouthbreathing YouTube scientists gathering in big numbers cos they think it’s all fake and giving it to each other”

2 Likes

Fucking Darwin gathering, let’s see how many catch it from each other and end up in hospital. Fucking karma please

2 Likes

And today’s protest shooting death:

Cant work out if thats a clever strategy or not. Does it not just give fuel to crazy internet/Qanon people?

Just googled Qanon, wtf. I can’t keep up with this news.

Biden was good in Pittsburgh today.

Meanwhile…

All a bit Jack Ruby.

Jeez, mate.

Fuck Facebook, nobody needs it unless you use it for work. Everyone has an opinion that somebody else doesn’t like. That’s ok. But we don’t need to log into a website where people go to read all those other people’s opinions and get wound up about them. It’s so toxic.

1 Like

Same here, I went back on during covid for the TV/film groups I’m on To see about furlough.
I couldn’t get off soon enough, the fucking narcissism, conspiracy nuts and doubling down fuckwits all doing their regular shit.

It amazes me how people actually want to take part in it all.
But then again it’s the perfect recruitment grounds for whack jobs and far right/left con artists .

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the Tik Tok furore was just Mark Zuckerberg. The Chinese firm wouldn’t sell it to him, so he got Washington to get rid of it. He’s definitely got more power in there than plenty of elected members.

2 Likes

Source is legit AND she’s wearing the hat. This is the most true thing I’ve seen all day.