In the news thread

You’re not wrong. I just believe the overall net result of this is not good besides showcasing the power of the internet and that you can ‘stick it to the man’ (even though I don’t think they really did).

If anything comes from this , as I mentioned before , it’s gonna be a big wake up call for the sector as it’s the spotlight it never wanted , it will inspire the bright sparks from the next gen and ultimately be a lesson learned the hard way for many and hopefully change their attitude to throwing away money so blindly .

You would hope so but the gambling industry is pretty healthy.

Sure they will, they still have to pay back those loans. The losses are no smaller

Edit - maybe we should move this shit to the finance thread so we don’t keep spamming over the news…

Right but when the share price goes back to what it should be/was they will then be back in the green.

It’s not nothing to them, but they will recover and still make money in the end.

Let’s see how far this goes.

1 Like

That’s just the UK and is a farce to be quite frank.

So is taking firms off the footie shirts.

Not to say harder restrictions won’t be added.

I’ve been following the GameStop saga on this website.

It’ll be interesting to see who they help and who they hinder if new rules are brought in.

Guy owed tick money so his snakes got taken and let loose. There are fourteen to be found.

They better grab em quick, don’t they need heat lamps or something?

Yeah they’ll all die. It’s meant to snow today.

they’ll seek out warmth but they need special lamps in order to digest food and its not sunny enough so they’ll hibernate wherever they find and eventually die. or someone will open an airing closest and get a facefull of lethargic angry snake

4 Likes

What a cuntish thing to do to those snakes . They’ll end up in engine bays of recently driven cars and probably die of the cold or when the car is driven again

Let loose in dromfrocher road, my granny used to live down the road from there, I could never pronounce it properly when I was a toddler so it always came out as dumbfucker road.

Sorry to hear that man.

2 Likes

It’s okay she moved to a different hood, it’s still Greenock mind but she’s happy. I often wonder how I would have turned out if my folks had stayed…

3 Likes

Funny story me, my dad and two brothers were walking down that back lane, Scott street in the late 90s and my youngest brother was walking ahead Trying to look for wild cats that lived in the waste ground, he was looking through that hole in the fence when the cat man sat up in front of him right under his nose and I think you could have heard my brother scream in Dunoon. Naturally me, my dad and other brother pissed ourselves laughing. Totally mental my dad had told me about the catman but I honestly thought he was taking the piss.

4 Likes