In the news thread

This is crazy and just outlines where your head is at.

There is no disconnection about what you say and what you feel. If you say something, you feel it at the time (unless it for comedy purposes but even then, you’re playfully stating opinion)
Saying something has meaning, it shows who you are, you can’t just go around saying fucked up thinks and saying you’re a maverick because you don’t mean them. Politics at the moment and it seems to you, is all about hiding your personal views and just saying what you think you should say in order to keep people happy and off your back. That is no way to run your life or in charge of other lives.

I went to the one in Glasgow, although probably on the same day I suppose? Same week at least. There wasn’t any trouble at this one, and it finished in Glasgow Green with all the crusties dancing to Spiral Tribe, who were playing their music out of an armoured car, as they liked to do. I filmed quite a lot of it, since my video camera would have been a couple of weeks old at the time.

1 Like

This has always been one of the most disgusting things about him. Completely ignoring certain points, and coming up with barely-relevant replies, completely out of context, to other things. I guess that’s the nature of his job, the nature of manipulating lies in different ways for different people, and ignoring everything else, but it’s quite offensive. Or it would be if somebody you liked started doing it.

6 Likes

Yep, seems it’s the way. The mindset of the narcissistic people who want the power to control.

“Thanks! I’d love an omelet right about now.”

2 Likes

Genuinely crazy

8 Likes

Great, but what’s important with that is that the consensus across the country is that pot holes across all over England be filled way before France does theirs.

3 Likes

Distraction, not action, straight from the playbook.

One of the vigil organisers was on R4 yesterday evening saying they had trained marshals ready to make sure everyone kept apart and safe.
She warned this would happen now that their plans were rejected.

2 Likes

And they’re deploying their agents to infiltrate the left on their own turf.

1 Like

There have never been any rules saying you have to wear one outside in the open.

1 Like

Yes. I think there is real potential this will backfore on Patel and
the state aparatus.

Already we’ve seen useless Starmer and crew u-turn and announce they will no longer be whipping to abstain but rather whipping to vote against

2 Likes

True. It’s just interesting that lots of other people at the vigil were wearing masks, yet the police were still heavy handed with them because of not following social distancing etc.

For sure, i’d of worn one and you have to wonder, maybe it’s just the cynic in me, she wasn’t wearing one so she’d be noticed doing something nice with all the bad press the Royals are having right now?

Yeah, that would make sense. I’d hope she wouldn’t be that cynical and exploit the death of a woman in that way but who knows.

The police were just doing what they were told to do. But it looks as though what they were told to do probably wasn’t a good idea. In the Spectator they’ve had a look at the scientific data and concluded that an open-air vigil was unlikely to cause a Covid spike.

Man, you have such a way with your wording, it shows so much.
You’re basically saying that you haven’t decided it was a good idea until you have seen the fallout then once you know the public reaction you can decide which one was the right opinion. Maybe have some actual feeling about a situation as it happens and judge based on what stirs you?
It’s not about sitting on the fence and choosing later when everyone else has, if you feel something, stick to it, even if it is considered awful. Only change when you have genuinely had it changed for you.

I have had my mind changed. I thought public protests at a time of coronavirus were a bad idea. There are other ways to make your point, without risking a third spike. BUT it turns out that the data suggests otherwise, and I trust the Spectator’s view on these things.

These stories were while we were fully in lockdown and the fear of spreading and covid getting out of control was very much real, not easing out of it like we are now. Where were the cuffs and riot vans then? Funny that.

1 Like

I don’t believe the Met have a political or anti-woman agenda on this. The buck stops with Cressida Dick, a woman and, since she came out in 2017, the highest-ranking openly gay police officer in British history

That’s not what you were talking about though, I was referencing the fact that you said “But it looks as though what they were told to do probably wasn’t a good idea”
Your choice of words in this line tells so much.