In the news thread

£48k an hour?!

She saves money by cutting her own hair.

1 Like

Lol seriously?

The super rich can be so scanty. I once went on a date with a billionaire who was complaining about the cost of things at Giraffe (yeah that shite cheap chain). I remember sitting there thinking “shut the fuck up, you could literally actually buy the entire chain.”. Total shithead.

Lately I’ve found myself paying idiot tax (i.e. doing the lotto). If I ever win big money I’d legit hook you all up. Then pay some hitmen to take Murdoch, Dacre and Farage out.

9 Likes

Ummmmm. Wtf.

Oh I was just joking about her shit hair.

To be fair I’d put up with the moaning about shit food to have a billionaire other half.
Fancy kettles for every room.

3 Likes

Non story. Just some hedge fund investment piece of shit person. The food at Giraffe was easily the best part and that is really saying something.

4 Likes

How do you even set up a date with a billionaire though? Do you have to go through layers of people or something? Do they have a bodyguard having a chicken burger at the next table?

3 Likes

I too would like to know this.
Along with how you found out they were a billionaire…

2 Likes

Honestly, fairly underwhelming details. Met at a pool which I used to swim at.

I imagine there are quite a few people who are super wealthy who just blend in. Like, aside from Bill Gates and Bezos and whatnot, how many super rich people does the average person know or even recognise? That woman linked above - who in the general public would actually know who she was? I’ve already forgot what she looks like… Unless they’re really high profile or have dodgy connections, they just keep a low profile.

1 Like

If you were a billionaire why would you go to a public anything?

I’d sack off humanity and get one of those houses from that robot film (will Google later… Has domal gleeson(spelling?) and a beard man…all about ai) in the middle of fucking nowhere and just enjoy the rest of my life in the woods.

Snooker table, 8 ball and 9 ball pool table, banging indoor and outdoor swimming pool and a skatepark. Solid gold bog. Done.

Ex Machina

3 Likes

At the end of the day, most people are social creatures though. However wealthy, most people want to just do and experience ‘normal’ things. It’s only the crazy rich who are famous and have sketchy connections who ‘can’t’ be in public. If you earned money through some dull investment shit, nobody really knows you and you appear as just another normal looking person.

That’s the one thank you.

How old were they? Im always baffled/amazed by younger people who get super rich at a youngish age.

I’ve met her.

If she didn’t pay herself that money (which she pays 50% of in tax) the money would just be sitting in the Bet365 accounts doing nothing.

She donates about £90m to charity each year.

There is also a tonne of work they do for Stoke which would be a worse place without that business there.

3 Likes

When I say I met her that’s not actually true. We were both at the same awards show once lol.

2 Likes

I was beginning to think half the forum was going to start owning up to going on a date with her at some point or something? Till your second reply, haha.

2 Likes

What a fucking kook.

After drink driving, sexual offences are the biggest number of police convictions with many of them still working as police officers to this day… crazy!

I am inclined to believe that they are all bastards.