In the news thread

I agree but the government can’t be forced into it.

I suppose it depends how long Boris sticks about for. If there’s a vote of no confidence in parliament and he loses, who knows what will happen! Emergency government?

A referendum would take a few months to organise. If you rushed it, it would be open to calls of a fix etc.

It’s still possible to honour the result, just don’t be reckless with it.
No deal is not an option in our parliament but if the EU walk away from us instead, it is kind of the default.

I thought they passed it in parliament that there couldn’t be a GE before Brexit is sorted out? It was one of the first things Boris lost as a new PM.

The game is rigged anyway, The aim has always been to leave with or without a deal it’s just how many spanners get thrown in the works for them to fix to get what they want. There must be some evil Baron Greenback boss in some dark study bashing his fist against his desk alot in the past couple of days.

If we don’t get a deal then I expect a second referendum or a general election. I don’t think we will leave with no deal.

Could the Tories still team up with the Brexit party? That would be the stuff of nightmares.

Whoever is prime minister will be forced to ask for an extension in October.

When that’s granted it will be so that we have a general election, probably in November.

The tories will probably have an alliance with the Brexit party to form the next government.

The insanity of the Labour Brexit non-stance will mean the remain vote will be totally split and because the lib dems won’t work with Labour the remain side can’t win against the leave side.

The only way of getting another referendum is if Labour and the lib dems sort themselves out because they’re both acting like a load of twats putting their party ahead of the country.

The only hope is if the Brexit party don’t work with the tories but Richard Tice just said that they will form an alliance.

Unless Labour and the lib dems pull their head out of their arses we will be back to where we are now but it will be even worse thanks to Brexit mps contaminating our parliament with their existence.

… As I understand it.

3 Likes

Labour said in Brighton that they wouldn’t push for a second referendum.

Labour need more time to drum up support, if a ref was to happen now leave would still win, The longer it is and the more mess Boris makes the better for labour and remain. I’d love to see Corbyn in, the “establishment” would reel.

Jesus. The shit that went on there.

This is a pretty good summary of that shitshow

Fuck me.

This is an example of our voting population…

Note the Joris Bohnson reference.

1 Like

He’s probably smarter than most. But everyone gets a vote not just people wtih Twitter accounts.

1 Like

Just wanted to get his face on TV, didn’t care what it was about.

1 Like

Fuck me what a moron. I really don’t know anyone like that.

Smarter than most what?
Fish?

1 Like

Come off it. He’s just some random dude, he didn’t go there to get on TV but they probably asked and he was polite enough to do it. Being on YouTube minutes later and being called a “Simpleton” is out of order.

1 Like

You can tell he is nervous as fuck and the news had probably just broke, so how would he know what to do? When the people in charge are still running around confused and dumb struck. Paul down the shopping centre buying some new undies will have all the answers.

3 Likes

100% agree. That guy should not have been vox popped.

the guy has clear issues

1 Like