In the news thread

She must have serious dirt on many in the higher echelons of power, otherwise she’d be out already.

Or as is probably more accurate, she and those in the higher echelons of power are sociopaths and just don’t care about other people.

1 Like

Nah, Dick’s speech pretty much said that there wasn’t any warning signs what so ever, so it looks like it’s getting swept under the carpet now that he’ll never see the light of day again. Couzens was the subject of accusations of exposure in 2015 as well as the recent McDonalds one. It’s fucking jokes.

1 Like

The Michael Fabricant being nicknamed ‘Rapist’ not enough of a clue…

1 Like

Dick should of been sacked for the police handling of Sarah Everard’s vigil alone, police literally attacking women using covid as an excuse, handcuffing them and chucking them in vans like it was some sort of sick reenactment of the killing! Talk about getting everything wrong!

7 Likes

The pathetic attempt at any kind of damage limitation put out today has been staggering. Explaining to women how best to run away from attackers?! Rather than, say, announcing a total overhaul of how they carry out applicant background checks and how internal tip-offs are dealt with?

Fully seems like, “Well, us police just can’t be trusted. So maybe try to jump on a bus if you’re in danger?”

2 Likes

I know its The Scum newspaper but it’s the first that came up on google…

1 Like

If you were stopped by a plane clothes officer and refused to go with them as you didn’t trust them. Wouldn’t you get done for resisting arrest or something similar. :thinking:

2 Likes

It’s illegal imprisonment for a copper to detain you for any amount of time on the street, if they don’t actually arrest you. If they arrest you, you’re fucked anyway but if they don’t, you can just walk on freely and they can’t stop and keep you for things like ‘questioning’ or because you look ‘suspicious’.

1 Like

That’s the end of that career then

3 Likes

Stupid comments but that headline isn’t exactly what he said, he said something almost as stupid but just not that.

I think at this stage you can only believe the police are in denial of the ramifications this case will have if the responses of this cretin and Dick are anything to go by.

Only very slightly different wording. He’s victim blaming pure and simple. Absolutely horrendous, the entire response to this has been a complete farce, and as a result it’s now down to the general public to decide if they can be arrested or not. We all (especially women) need to use our best judgement to decide whether we submit to the police. That’s from the police themselves. Total shambles.

2 Likes

Oh yeah it’s a total fiasco, how could they not see this coming once they knew the killer was a policeman? If you’re working as an undercover cop now what do you do if you’re alone and see a crime, what’s the guidance? Other members of public would probably step in a stop an arrest now if they saw something like this taking place.

Confidence in government, energy supply and now the police at new lows and there’s still nothing coming from the ‘opposition’.

1 Like

I can’t remember Labour, and that other one….Lib Dem, that’s it, ever being so completely anonymous and ineffectual than the last 18 months. Like they’ve given up completely.

2 Likes

I genuinely think the Guardian could leak video of Boris and Priti doing mutual masturbation on the no.10 couch to coverage of immigrant children drowning in the channel and it’d get passed off as taking a keen interest in the defence of our proud nations shores

5 Likes
3 Likes

Somehow this is the most brexit x tory headline I could imagine

2 Likes

Best start panic buying turkey and toys then.

2 Likes