In the news thread

It’s what he does , no surprises. Must suck being him .

2 Likes

Fuck me! Stop posting reactionary bollocks with no context again and again. Please x

4 Likes

Endurance: ‘Finest wooden shipwreck I’ve ever seen’

Pretty amazing footage.

6 Likes

Incredible preservation. Absolutely perfect time capsule right there.
Imagine the Stoke after the expedition to organise and set out to find it and it’s literally a barn find .

3 Likes

Loved that. Nice break from all the awful news we keep getting. Time passes and all the events above ground have zero impact when you’re thousands of feet under sea ice…wish I was there sometimes :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah that’s partly why I posted it really, there’s so much bad news going around now and that’s really uplifting. The Dan Snow pod on it is pretty interesting as well: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/dan-snows-history-hit/id1042631089?i=1000553408071

1 Like

Fucking great, now apparently our only short term solution to spiralling fuel costs is a closer relationship with Saudi fucking Arabia. We’re such a shit country (in b4 why don’t you just leave etc)

It’d be nice if in the background we were working harder to promote green energy or building some nuclear plants that weren’t borrowed from China

Fuck yeah

8 Likes

Completely crazy to think that Iran prior to 1979 was fairly “normal” by Western standards. Progressive society etc. Now after 40+ years of Islamic rules its backwards as fuck

3 Likes

Tsunami warning after huge 7.3 magnitude earthquake near Fukushima | Metro News

Wtaf

Total Brian’s

1 Like

There’s no good way to be made to do the ‘dance, but that is an especially shitty way.

1 Like

Absolute arseholes!! Hopefully theyll be boycotted to fuck.

and they’re just outsourcing the work as well, shameless stuff.

They’re 40% owned by Russia so I think there’s a bit more to it than that.

I thought their parent company was from the UAE

Yes, and that company is mostly Russian-owned.

Not hearing that in the news aye

1 Like

Saying that it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out a business that haemorrhages £100M in losses every year needs sorting out
(Edit: I’m not condoning that brutal sacking btw, I mean the company needed sorting out)

4 Likes