In the news thread

When I got made redundant I remember reading they can’t directly replace you for the same role without you being able to apply and interview for it. Probably some mad EU red tape or something protecting people’s rights.

This feels actually illegal.

3 Likes

The role I was made redundant for has been filled by two people.

One of which was made redundant and then rehired because he was cheaper than I was.

Everyone’s a Brian.

3 Likes

Mine was ‘workforce relocation’ and my job went to India. IT for you. I’d been there nearly 18 years.

Silver lining? Not looked back and luckily landed a job with a small company who give a shit about their people.

3 Likes

I bet there must have been a spike in googling “best way to sink a ferry”

scumbags

Fucking tories , what a dumb Michael Fabricant thinking she could be a part of her own doing .
Get these fuckers out of power please .

5 Likes

I see that a few of the very worst people in the UK have decided to have a pop at Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe.

If she was anyone the Tories gave a fuck about she wouldn’t have been held for 6 hours.

3 Likes

Who’s been having a go at her and what for?

Well the hashtag sendherback is trending on twitter. All the usual racist Brexit arseholes.

It’s because she wasn’t grovelling in thanks for the government for leaving her in an Iranian prison for years for no reason. There’s also a lot of she bought it on herself chat too which is really nice.

I think her manner rubs people up the wrong way. She came across as a bit arsey and cross, rather than relieved and amazed to be back home with her family as a lot of people expect a freed hostage to be. Saying that, I’d probably feel like that too if I’d been in prison for however many years with 6 different foreign secretaries promising but not delivering,

I hate this incompetent government as much as anyone and surely you’d think they could’ve turned this around slightly quicker but it wasn’t them who put in her in prison. Seems a bit odd for her criticism of them now to be the main story, it’s almost as if the media try and wind people up.

From 2017, when our incompetent PM was the incompetent Foreign Secretary and sacked, hmmm…

1 Like

Out current PM literally caused her to have a longer sentence.

I’d be at the chucking tables over spitting at politicians levels of being ‘a bit arsey’.

5 Likes

Adding years isn’t putting her in there but where he’s involved blunders are sure to appear. That story is not going to surprise anyone, let’s hope it’s brought up in front of him soon.

Blunder is putting it mildly, no? He might as well have handed her an extra sentence on top of her sentence. In-fact he did.

Guardian reporting on the new Folkestone skatepark’s opening:

Comments section is open!

5 Likes

Anyone heard what it’s like to skate?

Tony Hawk is skating again - 2 weeks after breaking his femur

2 Likes

Some of my favourite comments so far:

4 Likes

Are those computer generated, or are people who comment on newspaper websites that dense?

It’s good that Backsideflip took the trouble to point out that as a snowboarder he’s goofy stance. Because that has a real bearing on his opinion on skaters wearing protective gear