In the news thread

I thought it was pretty decent actually considering he was on the stage of the Oscars in front of god knows how many people.

He definitely had the chance of throwing something really terrible or even missing and humiliating himself thousands of times harder.

He also had the option of not getting up and smacking someone. Might have been the best thing for his reputation.

I cannot wait to see what the Spectators take on it will be.

Letā€™s see if they can get woke and Putin into the same headline.

1 Like

How long will the memes for this continue do we think? A full month?

The drama - 1.5 days
The memes - forever.

Will Smith live scenes:

Iā€™m not sure but Chris Rock handled that situation better than a lot of people.

Will Smith should be embarrassed, heā€™s supposed to be a comedian.

1 Like

He had to have done some training for Ali a few years ago so heā€™s learned how to throw a punch. Or at least an ā€˜acting slapā€™, which this definitely was. He could have done better, I feel. 5/10. These shit jokes are in the spirit of all that roasting shit that americans find so funny. Free pass to be a brian. Itā€™s almost expected that this kind of humour is going to be present. Chris Rock acted well all things considered.

2 Likes

Seems fairly accurate.

4 Likes

Hadnā€™t his Mrs cheated on him for years?

Shit slap.

Would have expected a proper punch.

He probably would have knocked him out if heā€™d punched him properly. That Ali muscle memory would come back

1 Like

At first I thought it was staged - he initially laughed and the slap looked fakeā€¦ But then he started shouting and swearing on live tellyā€¦

1 Like

Why would you not just hit him properly if you were that livid. Shit joke anyway.

1 Like

Agreed. Shit joke and shit response. Never make jokes about a shaved head. There are too many bad things it could be related to.

5 Likes

Shit joke, but slapping Chris Rock then swearing at him has cemented him as a joke in the next 10 years of Oscars/Golden Globes/other shite awards ceremonies and will probably become a rap lyric for years to come.

Chris Rock might come out of this better than Wicka-Wah, Wicka-Wa, Wicka-Will

2 Likes

It wasnā€™t even a shit joke, people laughed. I doubt Chris Rock knows she has a hair loss issue.

LOL what?

He just made a sentence up and hoped it was a joke??

2 Likes

Yeah, this is where being the bigger person and ignoring it would of been the much better path to take, Will Smith has managed to turn a forgetful joke, set to be lost in the annals of time forever, into one of the biggest modern cultural talking points ever when discussing the Oscars, the most prestigious movie award show in the world and which he will now be forever associated with, no matter what he does in the future. The context of the joke will be lost over time while the memes and re-plays of the clip will outlive both their careers.

6 Likes

Maybe he thought he was just taking the piss out of a haircut.

2 Likes

A shaved head is a hairstyle.

I didnā€™t know she had a hair loss problem, I thought she just rocked it like Kanyeā€™s ex.