In the news thread

‘Revelations’

He. Was. There. We. Know. This. For. Fucks. Sake. You. Sour. Faced. Craven. Michael Fabricant.

Close but not quite. They’re going for the bribery route

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1529178072066494469?s=20&t=eBD4x-d5gYO17uM-vojcZA

13 primary school kids murdered in Texas. For fucks sake, America.

And the response of the governor is that we need to give the teachers guns.
I’d love to speak to an American about what we’re missing out on in the UK in terms of widespread gun ownership and resultant school shootings versus not having guns and loads of kids not getting massacred by incels and nut jobs.
What are we missing?

1 Like

They’ve long decided that dead primary school children are an inconsequential price to pay for their second amendment rights.

When you’re in a goldfish bowl you have no concept of how you look to people outside it.

Just devastating. Again.
Thoughts and prayers. Again.

And it will happen again and again and again and again and again.

4 Likes

Seeing work chat with people linking to stuff like this.

That’s made up by the Onion surely??? Fucking hell.

In other news…‘deeply honourable’.

Deeply. Honourable. This lot? Ffs.

1 Like

ANOTHER fall guy?!

Anyone listening to PMQs?

What a shit show.

1 Like

I just switched off. Once again, I bet all those other people who were forced to resign are feeling good.

1 Like

I take full responsibility blah bla nlah.

Ends by not taking any responsibility all.

It’s better for Labour to have Johnson there as a PM who achieved nothing at the next General Election but it’s dreadful for rhe country.

1 Like

How he gets away with it.
At 1pm on the BBC News website the Sue Gray report was the 9th most-read story.
The Texas shooting was number two. And the number one?
Katie Price Breaks Restraining Order.

I guess the people around him are just as bad, or even worse. Absolute scum of the Earth, same as anybody voting Tory.

3 Likes

His father was shot and killed in a (mass) shooting in 1984. But still, the Republicans will do nothing and no doubt it a few days, Alex Jones and friends will be calling them crisis actors or some bullshit.

8 Likes

I read it’s the 27th school shooting this year. What the actual fuck. How can so many Americans be against gun control, utter fucking insanity

Last time I brought this up with an American they started arguing about the definition of a school shooting. Apparently if it happens on school grounds but not in the school it still counts. They thought this was an important factor that skewed the numbers. Awful…

3 Likes

The country that had their conservatives screaming about “pro life” all last month.

Such an utter utter shit show and will never end . Just horrific

More like pro-birth. They resoundingly do not give a flying fuck about kids once they’re born.

Found this via reddit recently -

“The unborn” are a convenient group of people to advocate for. They never make demands of you; they are morally uncomplicated, unlike the incarcerated, addicted, or the chronically poor; they don’t resent your condescension or complain that you are not politically correct; unlike widows, they don’t ask you to question patriarchy; unlike orphans, they don’t need money, education, or childcare; unlike aliens, they don’t bring all that racial, cultural, and religious baggage that you dislike; they allow you to feel good about yourself without any work at creating or maintaining relationships; and when they are born, you can forget about them, because they cease to be unborn. You can love the unborn and advocate for them without substantially challenging your own wealth, power, or privilege, without re-imagining social structures, apologizing, or making reparations to anyone. They are, in short, the perfect people to love if you want to claim you love Jesus, but actually dislike people who breathe. Prisoners? Immigrants? The sick? The poor? Widows? Orphans? All the groups that are specifically mentioned in the Bible? They all get thrown under the bus for the unborn.”

― Methodist Pastor David Barnhart

7 Likes

It seems as though this event in particular for some reason has finally hit home with a lot of Americans but I can’t see it changing either. Realistically I think there’s more chance of them trying to somehow identify the people likely to do this sort of thing than changing gun laws effectively enough.