Injuries and treatment

Horrid slam. No net is mind blowing…

1 Like

That slam is brutal.
Big Tone’s brows arent getting better either

1 Like

Haha, I reckon he had to get them done for that Merc advert. Need an official answer!

2 Likes

anyone recommend a good resistance band brand?

I have a set like this -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B091B3K7BM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_VYRT6BA64S7E3S1G017R?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I like the variety because it gives you lots of options - weaker ones for ankle stuff, stronger ones for knees or hips etc.

1 Like

excellent, thank you

I stopped doing them on my ankles, turns out my feet and legs thought I was a brian cant.
restarted.
then band snapped :rofl:

Lol classic. I mostly use them for random knee things in conjuction with a balance board. Sometimes I bind my legs up with the whole set and then goose step around the garden like a weirdo. They’re great fun

2 Likes
2 Likes

i’ve had a phantom non skate related ankle roll at some time on friday or saturday and most of the left side of my left foot is purple. just in time for the good weather ffssssss

had a skate date booked in sunday with tommy d as well and had to bin it off :cry:

1 Like

argh, hope it’s feeling better.

1 Like

cheers mate, i’ve just gone for a light cruise and weirdly enough it felt alright. going to leave it till thursday and check out a new park near here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not really sure where to put this but any of you lot on supplements, preferably for joint pain/stiffness, recovery and general health wellbeing?

Spoken to people about CBD drops who swear by it, was debating getting creatine as its meant to aid recovery and muscles. Obvs Im expecting the standard “get some roids” but thats not hugely helpful so Ill be ignoring that.

Brands to get/avoid? What works for you lot etc

Thanks in advance

I found that concentrating on strengthening the muscles around the joints really helpful. I did really serious physio and yoga for the whole of lockdown and came out of it feeling up to running again after 10 years off. Managed 15k the other day. I still have to do yoga every day to keep things mobile.

3 Likes

I do a lot of martial arts and a bit of skating now and again so want something that’ll help with muscle repair and stop me feeling sore for days afterwards.

I do a bit of stretching and a lot of specific exercises to strengthen and help with flexibility. Meant to get into skipping but havent yet.

1 Like

I tried taking glucosamine for a bit but it never seemed to make much difference. I’ve been doing cold showers after exercising.

I’ve been taking Cytoplan products for quite some time. My wife is super into fitness, health and well being type of stuff and so we have cupboards stacked with products from them. She takes loads of different things and mixes them up quite regularly. I just stick with fairly basic supplements, their wholefood multivits, turmeric, fish oils and, what you might be after, their protect joints formula ( CytoProtect Joint Health | Type II Collagen | Cytoplan).

I take them because they’re in the cupboard and can’t really attest to their effectiveness. I guess they can’t hurt. My wife and her friends who are PTs, surfers and athletes of various descriptions swear by them. The products are scientifically formulated and are food state and wholefood.

I do eat a balanced, well thought through and organic diet, drink loads of water and stretch and exercise daily. I don’t drink booze. I’m in the sea everyday as well. I’m partial to Dr Salts Therapeutic Solutions salt baths and icing various body parts too when the need arises.

I have done this for such a long time that I have no idea what I’d be like without that kind of regime in place. ( Quite possibly the same, maybe even better, but with a bit more time and cash :wink: who knows? ). I’ve had a couple of knee ops and some nasty back problems. Over the years I’ve torn ligaments and broken bones a damn sight more than a ‘normal’ person but I’m still able, for instance, to walk the dog ten miles, run five miles, cycle 15-20 miles off road, knock about on some trails/dirt jumps for an hour or so, swim a mile and a bit then fit in a hour flat ground/ curb skate in a day, (as well as my daily stretch) and will be fine to get up and do it again the following day. So I guess something’s working.

That’s not to say I don’t get ever stiff and have aches and pains. That’s just an inevitable part of getting older and a result of wear and tear but I think it’s manageable and can be slowed down by looking after yourself.

1 Like

I’m definitely backing getting a decent night’s sleep too. I might get up before 5am everyday but I make sure I get to bed early, (just like the old bastard that I am :slightly_smiling_face:).

Yeah the sleep thing is not happening with a 3 month old but I can look at the curcumin, that and magnesium came up in some searches i did earlier actually.

My diet is pretty good, not crazy clean but most of the stuff we cook is from scratch. Minimal takeaways, maybe 2 a month, just found out my Dad as well as my mum are diabetic so basically its a foregone conclusion Ill have to deal with that in later life whichc is curbing my desire for junk and sugar.

The stretches Im doing are dynamic and Im rolling twice a week, soon to be 3 then 4 times so keeping active, Im not expecting to feel 20 again but want to give myself the best chances to keep doing this at least for the next few years.

Ill try the CBD drops and see if they help and will give the creatine a whirl and if nothing else Ill get swole(r) as fuck

2 Likes

I had some 5% cbd stuff from Holland and Barrett. Personally couldn’t tell if it was doing anything. Maybe a stronger type is needed, but the prices of that put me off.

1 Like

Toby swears by it but you have to do it for a week or so to build up before you feel the benefit. He uses the one Crossfire Zac does but not sure what the dosage is