Interview Thread

The biggest Girl and Chocolate board collection TWS has seen - Step inside Dave’s house that might as well be a museum dedicated to the art of Evan Hecox, Tony Larson and Todd Francis.

3 Likes

All that in 6 years? Impressive.

IMG_8296

3 Likes

Yeah, that was sort of blowing my mind as I was watching it. The amount of money spent and how comprehensive the collection is and how quickly he built it up. Another thing that was killing me was how much he reminds me of Klaus Nomi, Dude should probably lay off the Botox, haha.

2 Likes

Some cool decks. I like the Tim Gavin Pickle Stick.

If you have the cash though it’s still possible to put together a collection of amazing decks from the late 90s-00s era. I know where a lot of his decks came from and you can still buy them from there now!

What? Where?

Chicken from Screaming Squeegees. He’s been selling Flip/Baker/Chocolate back catalogue for years now. Drops a new batch every so often.

I feel a bit reluctant to post the link, it’s one of very few remaining sources of OG decks :sweat_smile:

But here it is, bit thin at the moment but still some gems. He posted a massive Flip drop a few weeks/months ago. All kinds of stuff, Andy Scotts, all sorts.

I’ve got some mad decks off Chicken in the past.

Edit: for anyone that doesn’t already know chicken screen printed a huge number of decks for companies like world, blind, Schmitt stix, girl, chocolate etc… He did loads of one offs and test screens and all sorts of stuff. He also kept a lot of decks from the late 80s right through to today.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Watching this guy feels like I’m watching a Netflix true crime documentary about some kind of weird criminal that wore his Mother’s clothes whilst committing the crimes

5 Likes

If you do that then always remember to put on make up otherwise it feels weird

7 Likes

“…And through here are the cages where I collect visitors to the collection…”

Weird vibe but I’d still love to go and see his boards.

1 Like

IMG_0154

18 Likes

Part 2! You lucky people.
I bet this is the reveal of the inevitable Mikey Taylor collection.

2 Likes

Not much of an interview but what he says about filmers getting paid is kind of interesting.

Teddy Perkins vibes

We’re all weirdos though tbh.

1 Like
3 Likes

Niko Achtipes on Droors, Plan B & more…

IMG_2556

IMG_2557

3 Likes

*and the icing on the cake - it’s just Hawk, no Wolf.

8 Likes

Just Hawk!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Arrgh, false sense of security when he started shouting about his comedy show!!

This was so good.
Just two old mates talking about niche tricks and tour stories for an hour.

Time to get rid of the embarrassing guy.

4 Likes