Interview Thread

photos in this are fucking insane, no idea how on earth he’s doing all that at 38

4 Likes

Bam Margera dropped in on that and it was his ender in Jump Off A Building. Knowing how crazy Bam was when it came to this kind of stuff, you know that doing it switch, even 22 years later, is mental. I saw that thing driving next to it and it was terrifying.

1 Like

Switch benihana

Little interview with GT on the nike site, didn’t know he was from Atlanta, I always assumed he was a sort of Northwestern USA - Oregon/Washington kinda dude.

1 Like

The ABD concept gets dissected:

2 Likes

ABP, appropriately.

4 Likes

Does anyone know what was the Dom Henry trick and who did it first? The switch V?

i absolutely love pro’s who nerd out about their set ups. Ishod is a freak

edit - i find it weird that they think it’s unusual to be able to steer with one foot. surely everyone does that? how the fuck else do you steer when you’re pushing?

1 Like

Loved how Nige has to file his shoes so the edges are just right, and Sean Malto doesn’t even care what he board rides. Much radder when somebody can step on any board and rip. Like Tom Penny.

3 Likes
1 Like

Seu interview is a rad one.

I interviewed Corey Duffel for Slam, and it’s up now. It’s another pretty big one, because he told me a whole lot of stuff I had absolutely no idea about. It’s pretty much exactly as it went down too, over a couple of nights on the phone. Normally I’ll move things around and tidy shit up but this is the conversation we had.

It’s one of my favourite interviews.

16 Likes

4 Likes

Thank you.

Really glad that got spotted and doesn’t just look weird.

2 Likes

That was brilliant, cheers Build

1 Like

That was great. Chops level detail with the skate/video/music knowledge which was rad and I always know it will be a good read with you asking questions. Slam have been putting out some great content and the Partridge mention was great banter. A few folk I know met him when he was kicking about in Glasgow (possible with you) and have nothing but good things to say about him. Even putting up with my steaming mates.

I though the document cover was in reference to Kill Em All so it was rad to hear that story. Also, I ollied the biggest set I have even done after watching his thats life part.

Sorry for the massive comment, had a couple beers whilst I read it. Cheers.

4 Likes

He stayed with me a couple of times and each time when we’ve been walking around kids have come up and he’s spent as long with them as they want. While our wives chat and I just stand there. He hears the same stuff so often and always acts like it’s the first time he’s heard it. I guess never being hungover must help that.

Danny Garcia didn’t get hassled. Apart from by you. :grin:

One time he was going through his DMs and there was one from a kid who’d been paralysed from the neck down, but he sent a photo of himself with Corey’s new board on him, saying how he was still a fan so would still buy the boards. I asked him if he’d send him something in the post and he just went, “Nah, I’ll go visit. He’s only a couple of hours away”, and then after he got back he sent me a photo of him with the most stoked paraplegic you’ve ever seen in your life.

15 Likes

That’s great to hear that he met a few fans in Glasgow and has always had the time of day for them. That’s a sound cunt. Was a bit emotional and close to home reading some of it, especially when he was talking about some of the issues he went through.

Hearing that he went out of his way to make someones day by going to visit them is just more confirmation that he is a great person. Having worked with people in similar positions I hope he knows how important that visit would have been.

And when I meet ole Danny Garcia, I was new to the pub scene (but not new to the bevvy culture of west scotland) so I may of rambled about pointless shite and drinking. He was stoked about my tolerance of Guinness and whiskey and gave me a message via Facebook a couple days after via the band profile. Those guys were sound. He also did a switch bs 360 on my board which was rad.

Sorry for the massive comment, had a couple more beers. Cheers.

5 Likes

So rad. Textbook pro behaviour. Big up

3 Likes

In dress shoes, first go.

2 Likes

Incredible. Corey’s a treasure to skateboarding.

1 Like