Interview Thread

I feel the same about a lot of these older dudes or legacy pros…I just want to see them skate as they still look so good on their board.

1 Like

Reynolds doing bs flips over upright bins > every other early 40s pro doing slappies on curbs

8 Likes

Apart from the idiotic ‘do you cheat on your wife?’ question at the end.

6 Likes

What was the actual point of this? So fucked.

1 Like

It came across a bit like the interviewer was a fanboy and wanted to connect with him on the “ladz, wheeeeey” level but badly misjudged it and ended up looking like a juvenile prick.
Like the guy who turns up at a 20 year Uni reunion and suggests shots in Weatherspoons at 1 in the afternoon type of guy.

5 Likes

This is exactly why I didn`t get invited to my 25 year uni reunion.

4 Likes

It’s Jenkem, for every good thing they put out there are 5 God awful ones.
It’s just that you only tend to hear about the better pieces.

Edit: bit unfair really but I think it’s more a consequence of their success and the necessity to put out a certain volume of content.

I had a little chat about getting on Real, powerhouses, video parts and music supervision with that fella who has dropped a couple of heavy parts recently.

7 Likes

Love Mason. This’ll be good.

2 Likes

Had a very fun and nerdy conversation talkin’ lines with Tom Knox.

6 Likes

Good shit!

Wainwright via Welcome

good to hear Kareem talking about skateboarding

I interviewed Carl Shipman:

17 Likes

What a start to a Sunday, thanks for that! When he was really blowing up I remember being at Rehab in the cafe and he walked in, sat down at the table and introduced himself to us all and said “Might as well make some new mates while I’m here” or something like that. He was totally sound, sat chatting for ages then wandered off to destroy the hip near the driveway. Happy days

2 Likes

Well done mate.
That was a great interview!

2 Likes

That was a really, really good read.

Stoked that he keeps up with skateboarding a bit.

1 Like

This is 99% the conversation as it went, but he did say at the beginning that he didn’t know anything about current stuff. Before going on to mention all the best current dudes.

3 Likes