Interview Thread

Shippo interview was ace. Thank you @buildafire

didn’t realise Leo is gonna be in the new Tony Hawk game

1 Like

Did an interview with old Forum OG and current forum lurker (I’m assuming) about his job as Skateboard GB TM, the Olympics and all that kind of stuff.

3 Likes

Cliffs?

Haven’t listened to this yet but I had no idea they had transitioned

1 Like

@BvS
The talk around identify, substance abuse and mental health was illuminating, complex and understandably heavy

1 Like
2 Likes

I interviewed Tobin Yelland, and it’s up now.

12 Likes

Fantastic.
Do your interviewees ever comment on your encyclopaedic knowledge?

2 Likes

Ooft, steady. Eli said something but I definitely only speak to people I’m already interested in.

Imposter Syndrome chat certainly feeling close to home.

2 Likes

what a treat. the photos and the stories. delighted he spoke about UK dudes.

1 Like

Aye that was rad. Heavy good interview. Tobin has taken some of my favourite skate photos, so hopefully get one or two ordered on my next pay day.

3 Likes

Had fun doing a ‘Five Favourite Parts’ with that ‘Verso’ fella…

6 Likes

first time i’ve ever seen the word oftentimes used?

Spellcheck confirms that it’s a word. Wanted to hyphenate, but there it is.

mental, must be an american thing

I know there’s a thread for the actual book–and rightly so–but I’ll put this here so all the interview posts are together.

The photos he sent for this aren’t even in the book. Dude has shot so much amazing stuff.

6 Likes

Am I the only person here thinking that the pic of Stevie on the cover is corny?

Absolutely loving this pic of Kenny Reed doing a nosegrind in SF from the article builda posted (saw it on Insta a while ago, glad to see it in bigger resolution here). This pic makes me want to wear Half Cabs with cuffed jeans, to do nosegrinds and to go to SF.

9 Likes

Rad piece by Jono with Youngo about the new skatepark in Horsforth, West Yorkshire. Not sure if they discuss the -o thing.

Horsforth Skatepark by Jono Coote