Interview Thread

Jenkem man, they just can’t resist a Nieratko light question every fucking interview.

“So is it true you had a threesome?”

SMH

2 Likes

Yeah, embarrassing.

Jenkem are pretty far from where they were about 4 years ago.

People can do what they want. It’s 2020, fuck two girls and Christian ethics if you want. I don’t mind Pontus doing it, it’s his life, Jenkem trying to be edgy with that question was the embarrassing thing.

5 Likes

A couple of weeks back I was given last minute notice to send some questions to be answered by Griffin Gass and the resulting interview is here. Certainly not up there with BaF or Anon’s recent stuff (very much an Adam Sandler movie to their Apocalypse Now) but he has zero ego and is a proper beast.

Haven’t done one of these in a while so stoked it was with someone whose skating I’m genuinely a fan of.

7 Likes

Glad you’re back into doing these man.

1 Like

Cheers mate, that means a lot.

That was rad man, and he seems a cool lad. Although, if you stare at his mouth, you start to see and eventually hear Donald Trump.

1 Like

Spurred on by one of my favourite photos I hit up Jon Mehring to talk all things Jake Johnson, ‘Mind Field’ and New York in the late 2000s.

5 Likes

Mehring took one of my most favouritest photos ever

4 Likes

I interviewed Steve Kane. That was a bit different. It’s up now:

13 Likes

Wait, as in…Skane from the old place? Who used to write novella-length replies?

That’s him.

2 Likes

Amazing. Such an interesting guy, and hopefully gives people some context for his bizarre behaviour on the old forum. Wildbunch stories were great. He kind of reminds me of a skateboarding Tony Wilson. Privileged background, but with an innate curiosity for sub-cultures and a cast iron DIY ethic. So sad he’s not been able to work for all these years, but he definitely made his mark, especially on my impressionable mind. That product page with the Gonz and Roses will be burned into my brain forever.***

5 Likes

That’s a really good shout. For exactly the resons you say. Wish I’d spotted that, it’d have helped with the intro.

5 Likes

Skane on not making sense/being consistent shocker.

6 Likes

Can’t deal with that guy so well done build on managing to spend enough time talking to him.

5 Likes

I’ve still got a copy of Skane’s Skateboard Workbook in the loft. Even though it was probably only 10 years old when I got hold of it, it seemed like ancient history. But it definitely struck a chord with me and got me interested in just hitting up random local towns looking for new stuff to skate and meet new people.

1 Like

Wow cool! Now I feel a bit bad

@buildafire genuinely, was there a lot of editing you had to do on this?
It’s a great read, which to be honest, I didn’t expect.

Either he is in a good place right now or you are very, very good. Or both.

2 Likes