Interview Thread

Wow what a guy, he seems so cool.

It’s great that I’d never read any of his interviews or heard him speak, but I could tell he’d be really thoughtful and intelligent just from how he skates. Now I’m even more of a fan.

2 Likes

Gotta love a big name that takes the time to do a Slap Pals interview instead of cool-guying the whole thing.

3 Likes

Yeah definitely, love how he goes in to so much detail talking about front krooks.

4 Likes

Interesting that Alien and Habitat are so deeply connected still, I did not realise that.

Pretty sure @WallyBazoum and @PiledriverWaltz will agree, he’s an absolute pleasure to speak to.

1 Like

I was impressed at how quickly he reeled off what his top 3 favourite books were.

I bet he hasn’t read as many books as Scott Bourne.

2 Likes

I’ll attest to that, for sure.

This is meant to be more character reference than CMOAC but I’ve interviewed him three times, in the past year alone, and he had plenty to say each time around. Granted, they all had different themes but I was still quite humbled by how down and excited about the subjects he was.

That said, he pronounces my name wrong but I feel like we’re too far gone for me to correct him at this point…

Lol.

3 Likes

Also went on a little binge of those Unofficial Slap Pals interviews the other night. John Fitzgerald’s and Mason’s are great too. So is Cyrus Bennett’s considering he’s a quiet fella.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Great interview with Jahmir Brown, one of last generation of Love Park heads and recent Palace addition.

2 Likes

Had a little chat with Michael Nicholas, who’s recent, untitled, LA-based full-length is one of my favourite things I’ve seen all year. (Catch it here, if you missed it: https://ensembleroom.com/)

1 Like

I love how there is a pic of a front board and a ‘DGKALLDAY’ sticker is blurred out in that interview.

Or is that my eyes degrading from being on the PC all day?

1 Like

Nah you’re right. I think it got blurred out because that guy now skates for Palace and apparently had beef with Stevie.

1 Like

I read some stuff about that on Slap, but didn’t indulge in the thread.

Interesting.

Can’t tell you much about it. I listened to his Bunt interview but don’t remember much about it. They didn’t really mention it or didn’t go into detail about it.

PC
ALL
DAY

2 Likes

Haha, I didn’t clock that at first. Fuck knows how, it couldn’t be less subtle.

Just a bit of time on PS would’ve sorted that.

1 Like