Interview Thread

Not sure where to put this, but there’s someone talking to Lauren Laverne about Livi on 6Music right now.

(Will update and post links if/ when I can)

Someone = Steve Urquhart - nephew of Iain Urquhart, designer / builder of Livi Skatepark.
Talking about Curves and Concrete on Radio 3.

4 Likes

Hopped on the phone with Lucas Puig to talk about his life in Biarritz, mindset towards skating nowadays and reminisced over some early video parts - then I hit up French Fred, Ty Evans, and a couple of others to learn more about how he approaches filming one.

17 Likes

Love the magic quote. You and @buildafire are absolutely killing it on the skate interviews.

4 Likes

Did anyone else read his responses in a gruff French accent

3 Likes

Spoke to Gilbert Crockett about video parts and hometown spots for Quartersnacks. He’s bloody lovely.

Also cut together this mini-doc (of sorts) to accompany it, highlighting one spot in particular - the Sun Trust building in Richmond - and elaborating on Gilbert’s love for returning to the spots he grew up with throughout his video parts.

(Know the video has been posted in the ‘Alright, Ok.’ thread but felt fitting to round them up together in here.)

10 Likes

Oh shit, sorry I didn’t realise! Thanks though mate!

And posted before that😝

Just realised this hasn’t been posted. Epic one from Jacob Sawyer.

6 Likes

Good stuff @PiledriverWaltz. Two thumbs up.

2 Likes

LA brief interview on You and Yours radio 4 today. Women and skateboarding and it’s growth in popularity this year.

6 Likes

nice one!

2 Likes

LOL! thank you my friends

3 Likes

Has this been posted in here yet? So good. Unexpectedly heavy.

3 Likes

It has been.

Who is he? Some current Santa Cruz guy?

Yeah I wanna say he won Tampa Am but that is probably wrong. Best trick or something? He flashed up a while back.

Just reached the Tampa Am bit in the doc. This guy has a hell of a back story.

Yeah, that was nice. His dad sounds like a handful, glad he’s sorted himself out.

Yeah I posted it the other day. I remember his name from Tampa pro this year but otherwise have never seen any coverage of him prior to the above doc.

Weirdly he doesn’t have much footage out, just a couple of short Ricta bits and some SC tour footage.

I liked what I saw though and his story is gnarly. Hope he has some success

1 Like

Thoroughly enjoyed that… What a strong person for someone who has had such a turbulent life in his young years. Thanks for sharing, gonna look for footage of him now as I had not heard of him before.