Interview Thread

One word. Bigspin.

Iā€™ve literally not got a jot of work done this morning reading all of those interviews. So good.

1 Like

Interesting. It was ā€˜Big Spinā€™ on the ads and boards. Iā€™d have liked to know a bit more about what happened there.

Good interview though.

Didnā€™t he have some Cadillac ads too?

He certainly had one that I know of, in RaD, 1994.

I have a weird feeling itā€™s in the one with Shipman doing on ollie over a red bar in Worksop, could be the Channer Kennington one though.

ha ha. Itā€™s a good read. Couple of claims in there which are dubious but in general, its a really good insight to his view on film-making.

Deffo a good day for interviews.
I really need to get on with work.

1 Like

Itā€™s so true. I always correct @Spanky when he tells people he was ā€˜onā€™ Shortys, Zoo or Habitat. heh heh.

ā€¦but honestly, it still goes on. Dudes from distribution companies pumping up the tyres of young johnny when in reality, the main brand people have no clue who they are and arenā€™t really interested.
But that said, there is a LOT of good going on now with companies acting more global and actually giving a shit in dealing direct, etc.

2 Likes

Yeah. Dee probably didnā€™t have to make the call to Stevie the other week.

Behind the scenes gossip!

4 Likes

Felt like they were kind of made to wait for Powell to do something more with their Euro thing.

2 Likes

Back to CS for a secā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah, you see; that is the flipside of it - whilst perhaps Sean Ward being on Plan B was a huge claim, I think Faze got a lot of shit over the years, but my reality is that Joe/Faze did more than probably any other distributor for British Skateboarding at the end of the dayā€¦

3 Likes

Sounds like Flip wanted to still be the daddies of the UK even though they abandoned their home.

3 Likes

More reading materials here.

Ed Syder on his Skater Owned zine (which looks sick).

3 Likes

I did a little interview with Mike re the Euro Brigade era for an article in an upcoming Free.
Powell were way ahead of the curve really

1 Like

Mike, Curtis and Channer.

Anyone got a sticker machine? Iā€™d run that.

But if it wasnā€™t for New Deal UK weā€™d have never got the Reaction video.

:smiley:

1 Like

Somehowā€¦some-fucking-how, I have lost a bunch of absolute classic videos like Mouse but I have TWO copies of the Reaction video.

6 Likes

The only thing better than have 1 copy of the reaction video is having 2 :smiley:

1 Like

What kind of injustice is this? what have you done in a past life for this to happen?