Interview Thread

A good update for sure!

I tuned out half way through because he didnā€™t kill any lobsters.

1 Like

Listening to the Muska Nine Club. Pretty hectic but fairly interesting

Fuck man. I love TJ so much butā€¦blood from a stone etc

https://greyskatemag.com/post/tyshawn-jones-interview/

Iā€™m sure the interviewer only got a brief window to interview him and TJ had probabaly done 10 of these that day with every media outlet but wow those were some shite questions.

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

Yeah, thatā€™s a shame. Just a list of tramline questions, rather than trying to have a conversation, which makes me think that adidas wanted to check the questions firstā€¦ Although Iā€™ve never had that before with their dudes.

TJ does well enough considering it was probably in a crowded room with everybody speaking at once.

Felt like he gave the best answers he could considering everything.

It wasnā€™t just ā€˜I donā€™t knowā€™ to everything.

I guess he is a relatively young and new to the hype circus.

This one by anon (probably same day as the Grey one) was much better

Still though I donā€™t think weā€™ll ever have a proper TJ interview, he keeps his cards pretty close to his chest

Yeah that felt way more like a conversation

1 Like

Not read yet, but a profile on Tyshawn by Willy Staley who always writes interesting skate-related pieces. Sure to be a good read:

Not read but willing to bet you could probably generate this article from an algorithm that you just feed in all the other Ty Shawn profiles/interviews in to

EDIT: For the most part yeah but that story about his mum and the cash was new to me and fucking heavy

Is that even an interview?

No itā€™s a profile, but thought probably best to post in here rather than creating a new thread.

That was far more interesting than another transcript of a conversation.

2 Likes

Part of the fallout from Pushing Boarders, I thought this was an interesting read. Just a different perspective. I wonder if this is the future? Will the spotlight on skateboarding shine further, into these corners, instead of just the standard sponsored skateboarder interviews?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/watch/bp-sport-stars-play-meet-me-in-a-minute
Ham and Cheese?! Wtf.

I felt seasick watching that. Looks like heā€™s bursting for the toilet.