Interview Thread

A bit like how he looks setting up for a trick then?

3 Likes

Saw this guy skating at the comp I went to in Liseberg, Göteborg in 2013.
First comp I took my son to see, he was about 5 months old.
He was very different in every way but really good, not my son, Ulph.
It was the same night as the Sweet video prem that I wanted to go to but ended up not doing.

1 Like

Good mix of tech bangers, gnarly stair skating and weird shit, dude’s like the lovechild of Barletta and a crusty punk. Always stoked on his stuff.

That was very interesting.

Just published another Autuers piece, this time with the very honourable Ewan Bowman esq.

Have a read if you fancy it…clickity, click on the tongue out Union Square piece for the full thing.

3 Likes

Over the summer I’ve been working on an AVE retrospect with Mike O’Meally. It was originally planned as an online piece which then snowballed into a limited edition photobook/zine.

The concept was to chat with Mike about his early days shooting with Anthony then explore the stories behind a series of photos taken throughout the filming of ‘Mind Field’ - touching on AVE’s friendships with Greg Hunt, Dill and more along the way.

The story featured in the book had a longform introduction then it was divided into a chapter of sorts for each photo. So here’s the full transcript of the interview.

2 Likes

Homeboy was kind enough to send me a copy and it’s really good! One of those that you keep in your collection for sure. Thanks again pal!

Clickbait title. Far from the best skate team, not even close. Not that teams should ever be compared, apples and oranges and all that. I don’t see how someone would be not embarrased by that title, seems Dill is happy to go with it. Although I have not watched it, yet.

I’d say FA/Hockey have probably the best teams right now

1 Like

Alongside Primitive

1 Like

Krooked has the best team in my book right now. Worrest and Cromer alone make them stand out, and then Manderson and Sandoval are pretty damn good too. Simon Jensen’s intro part was dope and Drehobl and Gonz are legends.

All the new Krooked guys are boring as fuck imo

Simon Jensen seems rad but yeah, the other kids in the new vid didn’t impress me.

Just caught up with this and congrats, was rad as fuck. I could read stuff like this and Chromeball and watch things like Bobshirt on repeat forever - loved hearing the stories behind the photos, especially ‘The Hat’!

2 Likes

Not skate related, but really interesting interview with ex-prime minister of Estonia with stuff about government digitalisation, e-residency and cyber attacks from Russia.

1 Like

This is good. Nothing new but he puts some things quite well: ‘The people who work in the warehouse have more (medical) protection than the pros’

He always comes through with thoughtful insights on the Vent City podcast.

1 Like

Ryan Lay makes some good points but always comes across to me as over-compensating for the fact he dropped out of college and has just been skating for a living by being unnecessarily wordy