Interview Thread

Sadly does not address the eyebrow situation

2 Likes

Maybe they fell off last time he did a 720?

1 Like

Hahahaha, came to post ā€˜ol Tony in the Guardian.

I really like the guy but have an unhealthy desire to know what has happened to the eyebrows.

2 Likes

I wonder who her boyfriend is?

According to some in-depth Instagram detective work, itā€™s Oski.

1 Like

just watched this, what a loon but i cant help but love him :joy:

can anyone explain what his beef is with FA/Jason Dill? i though they were cool?

Not exactly in depth but itā€™s sort of an answer. (From the dose skateboarding interview).

Is there an etiquette to poaching skaters from other companies?

Thereā€™s a right and wrong way to approach it. Right? Iā€™m not a fan of FA. Iā€™ll say that much.

Oh really? I feel like from the outside looking in, FA is one of the few recent board companies to really make a solid mark on the industry.

If I wasnā€™t me, I would feel that same way. Probably. But I think Iā€™m too close.

Want to elaborate on your dislike of FA?

I think itā€™s self-explanatory. I mean, just the way Dill goes about stuff. I donā€™t know. Iā€™m just not a fan. Heā€™s annoying to say the least.

I read something in the past week or so where Alex says something along the lines of, ā€˜if Dill is in on a session heā€™ll be cheering you on but thereā€™s something that doesnā€™t ring true about his backing you - I (Alex) just donā€™t trust himā€™. Something like that anyway. I donā€™t remember where I saw it though.

4 Likes

ahhh okay, well thatā€™s a bummer

pretty sure i remember AO saying how much Dill helped him when he was coming up

but i guess things change when you have your own company

1 Like

Now if heā€™d said Jay Lenoā€¦

1 Like
3 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes

This American series has been amazing, wish they were longer though. Guess they had to squeeze all 6 into a print issue

Nice. Touches on the emotional hardships of moving to a new country and not knowing anyone. Loved that openness.

1 Like

Been and gone.

2 Likes

This was a superb read. Thank you! That Shiloh story is hilarious.

Chany was always a legend to me as a fellow Swissie but this interview about his time in the States and what he went through just made him even more incredible: Free Skate Magazine Ā» The American Dream (part 6 of 6): Chany Jeanguenin

Talk about dedication!

4 Likes

Geoffā€™s was a reasonable amount longer. Nothing major but I did wonder if theyā€™d run the whole thing for online.

1 Like

Yeah the chany one is sick. Love how he switched from vert skater to legit street skater

That was a really good interview, I just watched his Modus part again for the first time in a while where he skates vert at the start, itā€™s great that he kept that up while mainly skating street towards the end of his career. Iā€™m guessing Expedition is no longer around?