Interview Thread

Not sure where this should go. Not really an interview but here you go…

Radio 4 obit. programme : Paul Van Doren.

Thought all this was discussed in his last 9 club but will still go in

FTFY…

5 Likes

Absolutely love pro’s who nerd out on shit. One of my favourites in recent memory was Ishod talking about round rails (and in fact Ishod talking about anything skateboarding)

It’s nice when pro skaters turn out to be huge skate nerds too

1 Like

Remember seeing a somewhat ‘behind the scenes’ Insta story of one of Mariano’s recent tricks that Atiba also shot a photo of.

It’s a ledge combo and in the clip, Atiba is stood at the end of the ledge, blank facial expression, camera on a tripod and just hitting the shutter button when Mariano’s nearby.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a photographer look like they less of a gives a fuck about what they were shooting.

2 Likes

To be fair to him Id put in the same effort to document a smith grind laser flip out so I can’t really fault him not giving a shit

What would the incorrect content be?

Another Jenkem article about actually doing Jenkem?

I think it’s been great lately. Neuroscientist x Karl Watson was brilliant.

Edit: Went to check the site there and there’s an article I told them I’d do, and then didn’t do, that somebody else has done. So it’s good they listen to new ideas. Also the third book is on the way. Slowly.

1 Like

Got the first book, damn missed the second. Will keep an eye out for the third when it finally arrives.

First one is completely pointless, it’s stuff that ran online, exactly as it was. Second one is OC and really good.

1 Like

I get the impression Atiba has been over shooting skating for years.
His older photos were far better…

2 Likes

Ha. It was actually a nice trick. Front board pop up to switch nosegrind on a double sided ledge - or something along those lines.

Think it’s safe to say that post-Number’s Mariano’s thing is more tasteful tech.

3 Likes

I reckon Mariano goes around finding weird spots and throws numerous turds at it until one of them sticks and it gets uploaded to insta

Isn’t that just skateboarding?

7 Likes

Nah that’s Conor Charleson. I read that in an interview.

5 Likes

Haha Conor is definitely that guy. All hail Commander Keen.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed this. Seems like a nice dude.

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

That was great. Daclin gets a bit of a grilling mind