Interview Thread

Legend x

3 Likes

KG on Nine Club would be good pod

Watched this just before coming here and really enjoyed it. He seems like a good ā€˜un.

I would say Iā€™ll get a Cafe deck in the queue but Iā€™ve already got one waitingā€¦

ā€¦:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Iā€™d assume one or two on here know Korahn?

Iā€™ve not watched that vid yet but he does come across as a genuinely sound guy. Hopefully Mob Grip have some grip tape on their way out to him (instagram refā€¦) :+1:

Even betterā€¦heā€™s already been on The Bunt and its great

3 Likes

Yeah, legend.

2 Likes

Did I imagine it or did someone (Build?) mention on here a while ago there was a chance of a Penny interview at some point? Hope that happens before weā€™re all to old to read text on a phone.

There was mention of Manzoori trying to get a Penny documentary off the ground. Dunno if heā€™s got any further with it?

He has been working on itā€¦early days, but yeahā€¦all headed in the right direction.

7 Likes

If they could get the definitive version of events, with plenty of Tom involved, it would be masseeeeve

Please more footage of wizard Tom talking

1 Like

2 Likes

Was the Transworld 30th interview the last one he gave? Pretty sure Iā€™ve seen the one in the red top, but canā€™t place it.

Markovich Nine Club

a hellride through the past 30 years of skateboarding

There was a video with Danny Minnick where Tom came across pretty cooked.

An hour in and at least 90% of the chat has been about sponsor changes - (adopt your best Michael Caine voice) thousands of them. The timelineā€™s only at 1992 by this point :joy:

2 Likes

I donā€™t know why he didnā€™t just stick with Eppic. Oh, waitā€¦

That might be why.

I can remember my local shop was unable to shift a few decks that had been sitting in the board racks for ages in the late 80s . They kept discounting them and the dregs of the dregs ended up going for Ā£15 a shot just so they could get rid. Amongst those leftovers was an Eppic Gomez pro model and they couldnā€™t even give that away for free :joy:. It was left outside the shop for days and I think the only reason it eventually disappeared was that the street cleaner picked it up as rubbish.

Look at that nose. You could have your eye out with that.

![image|300x400]

Markovich says the odd shaped Eppic decks were a rip off of Uncle Wiggly decks. They werenā€™t. They were rip offs of Skull Skates Mutant decks, which came with a left or right bias.

Like this -

Incidentally, in amongst those shitty Ā£15 discount decks was an Uncle Wiggly Argyle which was huge, flat and made of fibreglass epoxy and some weirdo bought that piece of crap.

6 Likes

Did uncle wiggley get investigated during opperation yew tree?

3 Likes

Crob trying to solve a crime canā€™t even button up his shirt before he leaves the house

4 Likes

Crob solving unsolved murders is a podcast Iā€™d definitely watch

2 Likes