Interview Thread

McCrank CBI interview

i remember hearing about Rick McCrank, and being convinced it was a fake name based on a hybrid of Joey McSqweeb (Thrasher?) and the cartoon character in TWS’s Wrench Pilot

[/cool story bro]

6 Likes

Now that’s a name I’ve not heard in a long time…

1 Like

was The McSqweeb also something to do with Tony Hawk’s haircut…
skate magazine writing confused the shit out of me, hahaha

The ‘squeeb’ was the name given to the haircut with the long fringe as popularised by Tony Hawk. Joey McSqueeb was featured in Thrasher a bit and was definitely not just Jake Phelps dressed up :wink:

1 Like

ha, amazing!
now giggling about the Mike Sinclair rapper alterego. i was thinking it was Jeff Chunkypumps, but Google tells me it was Larry Perkins.
close enough right

1 Like

Jeff Chunkypumps :rofl:

Larry Perkins had a load of prank calls at the end of the Six Newell video which generally centred on him ‘jus tryin to come up’ . The video itself had parts from Nate Jones, Frank Gerwer, Elissa, Matt Milligan and a couple of others iirc. (Note to self: I must dig that dvd out of whatever shoe box it’s currently sitting in and give it a watch).

Also, if the old memory serves me right, the squeeb haircut was made popular by Tony Hawk but I think that Kevin Staab is credited as being its originator.

1 Like

Six newell is one of the handful of dvds I saved.
It’s great.

1 Like
4 Likes

i feel like i’ve seen bits of this before, but the Howard interview footage was a surprise

i remember wanting to like Goldfish more than i actually did. this is still nuts though, ha

2 Likes

@franc posted an Angel and Z interview too - i’d never heard of them

spotify link

4 Likes

So stoked for Casper. Sounds like a dream come true. Big up!

8 Likes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=503&v=Nq8TXaW1hSU&feature=emb_logo

5 Likes

Sounds like he’s doing some good. Only just realised I’d never heard his voice.

Also a great excuse to post this savage tre

5 Likes

The Couch is back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-MwHg3L_Ds

3 Likes

Nice. And it looks like they finished / changed that window frame.

7 Likes

Loved this. Big BA fan! Rad to see/hear he’s doing so well and helping others.

1 Like

Interesting choice of human for a Jenkem feature.

4 Likes