Interview Thread

3 Likes

Got up a new Five Favorite Parts up with Trung Nguyen (of ‘RESPECTFULLY’ curved rail darkslide enders fame) talking representation, hometown skateparks and spots, and 2010s YouTube hammers.

3 Likes

Trung on Toan Nguyen in the Shorty’s video ‘Guilty’ to accompany the above.

Lurker Lou chatting with Suciu and casually scooting around a fun looking non-spot…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EUX8qNnYPoY&feature=emb_logo

3 Likes

Whilst on the phone to Trung for his Five Fave Parts, we got onto the topic of his darkslide ender from RESPECTFULLY.

It turned out to be a year in the making saga and Chase Walker, who filmed the video, had footage from every time Trung went back to try the trick.

It just went up at Quartersnacks in our new ‘Deep Dive’ series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaA4g5VqrvM

6 Likes

Contrast stitching tho

That was sick Farran, look forward to more episodes in series

He was way smarter and more well spoken that I would’ve imagined going off the crazy trendy/ironic grunger gear he rocks

Trung’s from Texas, it’s definitely not worn for trend’s/irony’s sake, ha.

Thanks for the kind words. Next episode is in the works but I’ve got five hours of footage and two hours of audio to work through. Hoping to have it wrapped in the next few weeks.

1 Like

Jake and BA:

9 Likes

Rattray talks Why So Sad

3 Likes

Interview with Josh Wilson. You know, rides for Bronze…just got on DC. Quasi pro Josh Wilson… this guy

2 Likes

R1 with those hard hitting Q’s

2 Likes

I mentioned this podcast to @andy_smoke a while back. Kela’s guests vary in quality, interest and ability to string a sentence together. On the whole it’s not a bad lazy watch.

It could have gone in the podcasts…thread, or the hip hop one but due to the Ortega Skateboards connection I bunged it in here.

2 Likes

It’s called ‘Quick Fire Questions,’ it’s just a fun throwaway thing for kids but you likely knew that anyway.

3 Likes

ahh, nice! will give this a bash this weekend.

1 Like

Well yeah I know that. Come on though……it’s such a bad question even for ‘quick fire’. I didn’t realise it was for kids though. Came up on my YouTube page so maybe I need to tweak my settings.

Why is it a bad question? Instagram is a prevalent force in skateboard media consumption and a lot of kids seek approval through likes, knowing that their favourite pros prioritise the feeling of skateboarding and the personal achievements within it over social media validation seems rather pertinent to me.

1 Like

Yeah fair play

1 Like

which did he choose though

1 Like

Easy trick that nobody sees

1 Like