Interview Thread

hahaha, silly me

1 Like

Ricky is a legend. One of the nicest humans, ever.

This is him in Thrasher in '86

1 Like

Had a chat with @anonymity about Paul Silvester, Viewfinder, creating Sidewalk’s ‘Haunts’ feature and late-'90s Leeds.

9 Likes

Had to walk past Route One the other day and felt a wave of second hand embarassment. Was so glad I wasn’t wearing any skate brands the shame would have been overwhelming.

I think I recognise Rob Burn as the guy who’d come to Rehab and do super consistent loops around the driveway section. Drop in off the big quarter next to the flat bank, do a waist high pop-shuv over the hip, kick turn on the vert wall, catch a flip trick 2-3 foot over the driveway, finish with something big and clean on the flat bank back where he started. Repeat without a bail for ages.

2 Likes

That’s him.

Lovely stuff!

Always good to see Rehab footage again too

1 Like

‘’Junk colllector, I collect junk’’ - Tommy G.

Puleo talking about his found garbage artwork.

4 Likes

Watched this yesterday morning and thoroughly enjoyed it. Have watched a fair few mudlarking vids over the years. It is something that oddly appeals haha

5 Likes

Real nice “day in the life” type piece with Mason Silva from the good folks at Village Psychic.

5 Likes

That was nice - big fan of Mason. can’t believe he’s only 25 tho could have sworn he was older.

Gonna go rewatch all his SOTY year parts

If I was gay and he was gay I think I’d go for a guy like Mason. Nice bloke!

1 Like

Form a line sweetie.

1 Like

This came up in my feed.
Nyjah’s relationship with his Dad (who sounds like a complete tosser btw) is really interesting.

Nyjah has clearly come to terms with a traumatic upbringing and he realises that he wouldn’t be the man he is today without his overbearing Father.

I always knew about his Dad raising him as a rastafarian, but didn’t know how gnarly he was. I’ve got a lot more respect for Nyjah after this and as a token of my appreciation, I will no longer refer to him as “Nigel”.

1 Like
8 Likes

I started watching this last night as I was bored at work, he basically got into the industry by just hanging around with people and leeching off the likes of Sean Malto to make connections. Then he became friendly with Mike Mo and something to do with BATB and Berra offered him a job.

Just uploaded Gilbert Crockett’s ‘Alright, OK’ part with commentary from Gilbert, taken from a Quartersnacks interview we did around the time the video came out talking about the project, Greg Hunt, ‘Mind Field’, video parts and more.

Also started a little ‘Bonus Features’ section on my website for stuff like this and to round up some of the extra things I make to go with work projects here and there, which usually just end up on Insta and Twitter: Bonus Features – F.G.

6 Likes

Will check it out tomorrow, Gilbert is rad

Iain Borden represent-sent

2 Likes

my favourite jam back in the day was Eric B for President :grin:

1 Like