Interview Thread

pure class!

“did not you know that my styles is top dollar?”

1 Like

Bravo @PiledriverWaltz !

Cheers! Stoked that’s out. Surprisingly ended up being a hard one to edit as I had the whole tapes from various tricks in that part. New one coming next month and hopefully a bunch of new ‘Favorite Spot’ this year too.

3 Likes

That boy is such a tool

2 Likes

I didn’t watch it, I posted so someone else does and then tells us how bad it is.

3 Likes

Was pleasantly surprised. He comes across as very likeable in this.

1 Like

Yeah he seems alright in this tbf

1 Like

Haha! Fuck, I was joking and just trying to trick people into watching it.

10 Likes

Haha I watched it and was absolutely gobsmacked that you took that away from it!!

2 Likes

Good shit from Jenkem

3 Likes

Watched this last night - very enjoyable.
I’ll be honest, I don’t really pay much attention to Rizzo or the filmer so for it to be that engaging is a testament to your skills F.
Enjoyed the Gall stuff especially

Cheers @anonymity, I thought the Freddy/New Jersey commentary from Paul was one of the coolest things from that.

On that note, just uploaded some bonus Dick Rizzo here with his part in Quasi’s Grand Prairie with commentary from Rizzo on his spot selection and choice of Frank Zappa via a Quartersnacks interview from a little bit back.

Full and original interview here: ‘Imagine If You Could Just Rip Across That’ — An Interview With Dick Rizzo | Quartersnacks

2 Likes

Grim reading but sadly, not surprising.

9 Likes

A much needed article but wish they done something on/in Thrasher on this.

1 Like

Not sure about the ethics of including Dave Abair here, seeing as the family did not want to talk about his death.

Also the comparison with the AIDs crisis felt a little flimsy. The reason many people did not want to disclose they died from HIV was because of rampant homophobia and the media’s moral panic over the ‘gay plague’.

Regardless, made for an interesting read. I think there is a big opiate/painkiller problem amongst US skaters that goes totally unmentioned.

2 Likes

Yeah that was a bit shitty. I thought it was something else and understood why they didn’t want to talk about it.

not just US skaters, US in general. i meant some yanks snowboarding out there perhaps 20+ years ago and they would get fucked up on meds so they didn’t feel anything and then start hucking off these ridiculous jumps at mach 10. they talked about it like it was the most normal thing in the world

there’s been a fair amount written about this recently

4 Likes

I remember when I was younger the older vert dudes would talk about how the US vert pros were all jacked on painkillers, this was late 90s I think

3 Likes

Makes sense given their disasterous health care system.