Middle Aged Shed

Thought about it but decided the garden office would be a better use of funds/space for us. Depends on the construction of the house though. Plus we’ve got a load of shit stored up in the loft so don’t really fancy finding somewhere else to store all that

Build a shed for the attic junk.

1 Like

The attic is mostly shoes and magazines (2004 onwards) and they’re all organised in boxes, so it’s ind of already in the right shape. There’s a floor, and lights and everything, but wondering if a new roof would be part of the process.

The shed’s already got enough crap in it, and it gets too cold/damp anyway.

Sort of thinking about it now though.

Prude haha.

Cedar Wood wood burner hot tubs in the middle of nowhere in West Wales are the best (in my experience)

1 Like

First wife had one in her back garden, which was in Australia, and it still felt weird and uncomfortable. I don’t want to be constantly wet when I’m drinking, and smoking is impossible because even if you keep your hands out of the water you’re still all sweaty/clammy.

1 Like

Mate, if it was a holiday I would be (and have been) in there every night with a glass of wine but there’s something about the idea of having one here, in the garden that just seems so alien.

A guy I worked with tried bragging to us about having one and showed me a picture of his terraced council house in Liverpool where he’d knocked the garden fence down so he’d have a bigger garden with his brother who lived next door and a hot tub surrounded by patchy dead grass and dogshit with a washing machine drum on bricks full of burning wood as the “fire pit”. The last word I thought of was “luxury”

3 Likes

Bullseye winner?

2 Likes

Was in the range the other week and took this for the missus and put ‘suburban sex bath?’.

1 Like

Our neighbours have an inflatable one. Every night in the summer if I looked out the bedroom window to see the sunset or the birds or whatever it was all just ruined by the overpowering sight of a bubbling cauldron full of fat gin-drinking morons.

10 Likes

Also saw a few pensioners in an inflatable one in our terraced street gardens recently. It did not look glamorous.

1 Like

Just had a flashback to watching Inspector Morse on my tablet in a hot tub on my mini-moon in the literal middle of Wales. Good Times.

2 Likes

To clarify:

Holiday hot tubs = ideal end to the day
Home hot tubs = grim and weird

3 Likes

When I bought my current house the previous owners had one installed in the garden and asked if we wanted to keep it. Fuck no!

2 Likes

Yeah, I wouldn’t have one in my garden either.

I’d be in the hot tub on holiday over the sauna.

Although I prefer a pool to anything else.

Cates has one.

No shit this actually works really well. All the holes in the side are great ventilation, you can cook massive chunks of meat in there too.

My cousin, who’s a doctor and does very well for himself, burns shit in his washing machine drum all the time. I think it’s a Hotpoint.

2 Likes

That makes it even less glamorous haha

1 Like

Beautiful detail.

5 Likes

Maybe get dormer windows for more standing up space? We had them in our bungalow.