Middle Aged Shed

We use those coil things that burn slowly, work ok unless there’s strong wind

1 Like

No wolf prints available?

Like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lifesystems-Mosquito-Smoke-Coils-Grey/dp/B000LN7CSE/ref=pd_lpo_201_t_1/261-7770863-4817812?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B076KT12VY&pd_rd_r=18c77586-06b7-427b-9553-97c5e46806d1&pd_rd_w=pBiDs&pd_rd_wg=sPuEr&pf_rd_p=da0677f5-a47b-4543-8b54-10be576b8f26&pf_rd_r=6D1Q5AW9K1W2SS9ZWPGN&psc=1&refRID=6D1Q5AW9K1W2SS9ZWPGN

1 Like

In the market for a new kitchen. Haven’t bought a full new kitchen before. Are there any must-have add-ons we should look at? Not bothered about instant boiling water, but what developments has kitchen gadgetry seen in the last few years?

Shop around, Kitchens are like weddings or funeral costs.
I just don’t get that you can spend 2k or 25k on the same chipboard carcasses.

I can’t wait to sort my kitchen out, Gonna build my own from scratch. Need to get divorced first though so I know whether i’ll actually need to or not, ha.

3 Likes

We got ours from Wren and they were really good. Impressive range of options depending on your budget.

1 Like

Those drawers are exactly what we’ve been looking at. Into those worktops too, current ones are black marble-looking stuff and it’s way too dark.

Gonna check Wren and Howdens.

1 Like

My old dears is Howdens. Can confirm high grade.

Got a wooden one made from local furniture place. Good thing about wood is that if you get bored you can just paint it another colour.
I’ve had it about 3 types of grey and a teal, which on reflection was a bad move. Currently off white.

Trust you. Didn’t even know they did kitchens.

2 Likes

Great minds and all that. We have the same over here. Just had to give in to the wife on choice of work surfaces. Ended up with some light grey polished granite efforts with sparkly mica/feldspar flecks in them. They require what seems like constant polishing to make the outlay worth it. Also, although they’re probably standard issue these days, those taps with the extendable hoses are great.

2 Likes

I do printing work for Howdens and have an account but never used it.

Yeah, scalding hot water should be something you have to work for. Something you have to wait for.

What’s the point of the extendable hose? So you can use your kitchen sink like a bidet? I’ve always been happy with where the taps are but I’m possibly missing out on something. Is it for doing the dishes?

Yep, bidet… no, it’s for the dishes* but also for cleaning the sink after using it. I know it seems pointless but wait till you get one.

*off we go into the dishwasher convo again.

2 Likes
  • get biggest sink you can possibly have
  • don’t get (natural/real) wood top, just needs oiling/treating all the time and blows out/rots with too much water. Laminate is better believe it or not
  • we had our concrete worktop custom made, light grey, hides dirt/water marks very well
  • induction hobs are piece of piss to clean but work best with stainless steel pots (not non stick)
  • get way more power points than you think you’ll need, like at least 2 every 6 feet (we have the usb ones that are dead handy as well)
  • figure out where you’ll make the tea and put the kettle. have somewhere to put your mugs and cutlery nearby
  • have that whole 3 point triangle thing worked out (fridge - sink - oven) etc
  • Ikea kitchens are pretty good. The fitter in my old place went on and on about how much value for money they are
3 Likes

Wicked. Interesting point about IKEA too, which has thrown me a bit.

This is lacking pictures

Can vouch for wood worktop; fuck it right off.

2 Likes

Yep, lovely to start off with but constantly cleaning and looks shit all the time.

BKVknl2CMAAnlLv

(No. I have nothing constructive to add.)

5 Likes