Middle Aged Shed

Have a wood worktop. Looks rad.

If you do get chip board worktops, make double sure your fitter properly seals the edges around the sink.

Properly. Not just a thin bead of silicon that’ll come away within a year or you’ll end up with rotten worktop that’ll bow and piss water all the cleaning crap you keep below it.

Sorry about the seal round your sink man.

1 Like

If you want a wood worktop sack it off and get a high quality laminate. Looks exactly the same with 90% less cleaning/hassle

Laminate is the thinking man’s wooden worktop everyone knows this

3 Likes

Last house. I still have nightmares about it.

Can see myself getting heavily into RC when I finally have a shed

2 Likes

I had one of these when I was a kid. Loads of fun on the beach out the front of my house. Bought it off a mate already built, so I kind of cheated.

Got this one Christmas. My dad built it for me, in one of many attempts by my parents to get me into something other than skateboarding.

Quite liked it and I’d play with it again 7/10

3 Likes

I had this…

Tamiya-Grasshopper-II

2 days to build. 20 minutes to drive into our gate and smash to bits.

2 Likes

My mate had this. Was so jealous.

2 Likes

I could never afford any of that I always used to get small airfix spitfires and hurricanes for a couple of quid and paint them mental colours.

1 Like

Vividly remember being aware of that. Probably used to stare at the box in the shop.

Got oak worktops, had them for 8 years and absolutely love the look and the wear of them . I look after them and get great satisfaction when I sand them back and oil them every 3 years .
If you do it right you have no problems. Especially round the sink. Wipe them dry as habit, keep them oiled and you won’t have any issues.

As for laminate it’s not a thinking mans worktop to get laminate wood effect. I’d say it’s a convenience worktop. And once someone leaves a hot pan on it you’re Fucked . Where I can simply sand mine back and no new worktop.

2 Likes

I spotted a Tamiya T-Shirt in one of your IG posts earlier.

I’ve got a few ‘classics’ hanging in my shed - favourites at the mo are a Frog for me and a Grasshopper for my son.

2 Likes

Talking of RC stuff I’ve just now almost finished this that I’ve been whittling away at for the last few evenings. A tiny little RC biplane.

6 Likes

I got a £50 voucher from work for Christmas. I’m debating what to spend it on. I kind of want to go as midlife as possible so either some dope slippers or a massive potplant right?

That’s an interesting looking thing.
Is it a kit?

Yeah, one of these:

1 Like

Cor - Red Baron!

You’ll have to show us yours flying.

Yeah, it’ll have to wait for a day when there’s no wind. Probably not any time soon.