Middle Aged Shed

Looks fun. I’ve always fancied one of those rc gliders. You know the big old things with a 6ft wingspan. One of those and a radio controlled racing yacht are on the ‘when I get old list’.

The physics of this is pretty interesting. It turns out that if you keep flying a very strong RC glider in and out of the wind by diving behind a big hill it gets a speed bump every time it hits the breeeze so it just goes faster and faster until this one goes at 548mph:

2 Likes

what so for 50 quid you get everything, you can control it and all that??

Unfortunately not. For fifty quid you get some laser printed and laser cut foam and a few other bits and pieces. For the radio gear that’s another fifty quid but that’s only the bits in the plane. You’d also need a transmitter, even though you’d only need something basic that might be about £100 or so. Plus these tiny planes aren’t really the best to learn with.

This is so cool, I’m impressed it didn’t break apart!

Just get this.

Now this is very Mumsnet, but I have no one else to talk to about this, as I’ve bored my Mrs to death raving about this fantastic product.

It really is the bollocks. I’m not really one for cleaning ovens, but this combined with a bit of steel wool and a selection of sponges of various sponge grades has really done a number on my oven. The window, which could previously only be described as solid brown, is completely transparent, and sparkling. You can actually see what’s cooking. The whole oven is so clean you could eat your dinner out of it.

I think I’ll start cleaning it every other weekend or something now, and I’ll look forward to it too.

6 Likes

Photos please. I need to give my main oven a clean so this is relevant to my interests

I’ve spent today (in between watching grown men argue with each other on here) trying to clean my oven door which I only bought 4 months ago and is now an absolute state.

This might be a game changer.

2 Likes

tenor (2)

This stuff would strip the slime off Nigel Farage. It’s insane:

1 Like

Right, once we’ve both moved house, we’ll both agree to cook the same types of food for a month or so, to build up a similar amount of oven scum. We’ll then have a scrub off. Believe me, you’ll never be able to show your face in public again after the drubbing I’m gonna give you.

4 Likes

They do a banging tile grout cleaner too.

You’re on. I’m inheriting a big fuck off gas range. I hope they haven’t touched it. I’m going to pull your knickers down in public over this. You’re never going to be able to post here again tbh

8 Likes

Same, my new place has a big 2 door fucker. Stoked

1 Like

Really need a before/after pic you fucking amateurs.

If possible that and timelapse video.

1 Like

Yeah sorry, I wasn’t expecting to be so utterly blown away by that spray so I didn’t bother to take a before photo. So I won’t waste everyone’s time with an after.

1 Like

Watering my new turf is my current favourite Dad job

1 Like

Wait until you have to jetwash that badboy

1 Like

Currently building my own patio with no previous building skills at all. So far have squared it off, deweeded and flattened it out. Need some decent weather for the next stages.
May have bit off more than I can chew but ah well, you can always move and blame it on someone else.

1 Like

Do any of you own a power washer? If I had one I’d just walk around cleaning things. They look so fun and satisfying.

BTW first post in this thread. I’m probably far too young but spiritually I’m middle aged and therefore I really rate posts about oven cleaners that work.

4 Likes