Middle Aged Shed

What constitutes a posh sandwich?
I’m guessing a cornet of crisps around the edge of the plate.

We were looking to get one installed but the fitter who came to look said it’s just a nightmare waiting to happen with young kids around.
Also, zip taps break a lot and are temperamental so you need a kettle on deck while you’re waiting for it to get fixed anyway.
I work(ed, before my career covid shat itself) in facilities and have to call people out to fix them all the time.

Buy a nice looking kettle and put some sparkling water in the fridge.
-replying to jagger, but aimed at Hugo

2 Likes

Sausage, bacon and egg. But gentrified it with avocado with grated onion and pureed garlic stirred in.

3 Likes

tenor (5)

2 Likes

By my culinary standards that’s tantamount to tea at the ritz. Partner doesn’t let me cook much

Fuck no. Rank. Everything else sounded banging though

1 Like

My old job had a sparkling water tap. They’re so good.

Cant get on board with it. The colour the texture the smell. Nope

1 Like

We have bacon, poached egg, mashed avocado on toast every Saturday. Complimentary flavours/textures ennit.

Or make some home made guac with onions, chilli, lime, corriander - v peng on/in everything!

3 Likes

Ease yourself in with some really spicy guac and some salty crisps to dip into it.

Good combo…a bit of rocket and watercress, feta cubes and chilli jam on the side - bang in’.

2 Likes

Ooo now we’re talking!

1 Like

Rocket is by far the best leaf isn’t it.

Steak Tagliata is one of the best quick dinners.

2 Likes

we have one of those boiling taps. very handy indeed and not just for tea. by the time the kids are old enough to reach it and work out its little safety feature, which my mum couldn’t, it shouldnt be an issue.
didnt get the sparkling though - that was a step too far into the future

I’d personally say spinach but bung a bunch of rocket on top of your cheapo pizza once it’s cooked to turn it gourmet.

You’ve been to Pizza Express before then… awful. Is it bust now?

Good but no

Definitely not.

The answer you’re looking for is basil.

Basil is a herb.

2 Likes

Hugo didnt specify herbs vs leafy veg. He said best leaf.

In that case a massive maple leaf then.

1 Like