Middle Aged Shed

I think some people would say another kind of herb leaf was the best, haha.

Rocket is mellow and peppery.

Basil and Spinach are too niche and don’t go with everything.

Both great leaves though.

Except coriander.

2 Likes

I’d have coriander before rocket any time. Stupid peppery pizza-ruining pointless shit.

Got coriander in the garden so I suppose I’m accustomed to it.

2 Likes

We need @Les_Zeppelin to give us his top 10 herbs.

It’s good in Indian but bad in Mexican.

Yep - insanity hugo - how you going to make a decent salsa without coriander?

3 Likes

I feel sorry for the people who say it tastes like soap.

3 Likes

That’s different.

My problem is when they just slap coriander leaves in your burrito, it’s too much.

Mixing it into stuff is fine which is why I mentioned Indian.

Not sure I’ve had it in guac but that sounds promising.

Now that this is properly weighted towards food Ive found an online shop that apparently sends sushi grade fish to your door. What do we think the probability of me getting the shits from internet fish will be?

I can’t remember which one, but I’ve used one before. It was crazy expensive but I had no issues.

Is there no Waitrose near you? They usually have a good fish counter and make their sushi in house, I assume with the same fish… They definitely have the best supermarket sushi.

1 Like

Ha, we have that for breakfast pretty often almost every Saturday too I reckon!

It does for sure, especially when it’s well crispy. Salmon and avocado is lovely too. I had a really good shrimp and avocado sarnie in SF, I can’t remember how it was exactly but it was pretty damn good.

Inari ngiri is my fave sushi and the best one I ever had was from Asda.
I may have just been really hungry.

1 Like

My favourite sushi experience involved a works do I organised at Roka Aldwych that resulted in me getting about £200 worth of surplus sushi as a carryout that I took to a karaoke bar with a drunken Welshman before eating almost all of it at 5 am in a hotel room opposite my office. Would recommend

5 Likes

Good enough for me

That’s a fine choice

Even better when you don’t have to pay

#cates

If we’re doing this:

1 Like

Sorry to return to this when things have moved on to sushi by way of leaf, but what do you make of scrambled eggs if the texture of avocado is too much?
Are they too slimey and creamy? I’m assuming that’s the problem with the texture in avocados, as it seems to be the most common issue people have with them

I can’t believe that there’s people with a bad word to say about avocado on here. I may have to take a break from the forum.

1 Like