Middle Aged Shed

My wife is under the impression that it’s impossible to lift the pan up off the stove to control the heat so it turns into an omelette with no filling in 3 mins flat.

2 Likes

I love avocados and can eat them all day long but I understand the hate. They have a vibe.

3 Likes

Gotta take them out before they’re cooked, as they keep cooking afterwards.

Edit - I love how this thread always devolves into the food thread. Shows where middle age priorities lie

3 Likes

I get the texture thing. For me is custard. I know its just sweet and yellow slop. But for some reason it give me the heeby geebies.

If you cook them slowly that’s never an issue. I do them slowly and just turn them a few times so they come out folded not all mashed into crumbs.

2 Likes

Yeah! This is exactly why I thought to ask.
For donkeys years I overdid my eggs and thought correct eggs, were slimey and done badly.
Met my partner, got gently coerced into making eggs properly and now hate overdone eggs.

My real question to be BDF should have been ‘do you overcook your eggs’

1 Like

yep, i’m fully aware of that. would you care to come around and explain to the missus? Bring a shield.

2 Likes

Haha no thanks mines exactly the same!

1 Like

The first thing my mum taught me to cook and probably my number one comfort food and go to weekend breakfast.

Ive got the texture and timing bang on.

My missus and son love avocado its just not for me. Ill just about eat it if its sliced up super thin in california rolls but its not what Id eat first if there was other stuff available

Fair play. I really detest salmon, for the same reasons you listed for avo, and I always give it a go like I will come around to it, or the time before it was prepared badly. Everytime I hate the feeling and taste of it in my mouth

1 Like

As someone who eats fish but not meat I have come to love smoked salmon for breakfast.

Try Forman and Son London Cure - it’s quite a dry salty cure. I think it’s an easier style to enjoy.

3 Likes

Fuck no. My mrs can put a pan on and walk round the house before she stirs it. Drives me mental.

I love cooking. I figure Ive got to eat to stay alive so might as well make stuff I enjoy and that isnt horrible shite thats terrible for me. Plus while my missus was pregnant she went gluten free so I helped her cook a load of alternatives which I really enjoyed. Made gnocchi and pesto last night

The texture of an omelette should be custardy.

2 Likes

I do this with whiskey every year or so. Still not for me

At any other point in my life so far I would have agreed with you on whiskey, but I’ve been craving drinking alcohol so much for the last month and a half odd that I literally start salivating at the thought of any alcoholic drink.
Maybe I’ll have a bit of salmon everytime I think about drinking and either I’ll replace the desire for booze with fish and grow to love salmon OR the salmon will disgust me so much, as usual, that I condition myself to never think about alcohol again.

4 Likes

I really love whiskey.

4 Likes

I keep thinking I might but it doesnt happen. Ive been trying it at least once a year for over a decade and I still can’t convince myself its something I enjoy

Wife overdoes scrambled eggs too.

Also had a whisky tonight.

Cheers.

1 Like

Don’t give that bell any money.

Oh dear just Googled him, had no idea. I will try and find a politically neutral purveyor of too-salty salmon.

4 Likes