Middle Aged Shed

This is not gonna help at all but @telmernatorx once told us about this pasta, salmon, whiskey and sage recipe on the old forum and it was banging. I thought about it the other day, I have to cook that again.

So do I.

I sometimes treat myself to a glass of Talisker or Dalwhinnie in the bath after a really good day and it makes said day even better.

That’s whisky you’re enjoying then, and not whiskey. Those are both Scotches.

2 Likes

Same here, I just can’t understand it at all. Some of the American ones are sort of okay but scotch just tastes absolutely rank.

You can’t beat a whisky in the bath. Life doesn’t get much better than that…

Things that should be great but are really not:
Whiskey and a cigar.

3 Likes

Glad its not just me. Ive come round to a load of other things as Ive aged but whisky/whiskey still tastes like spicy petrol no matter which ones I try.

1 Like

Try mixing it with tizer.

3 Likes

Doing skirting and got fed up of using a mitre box and coping saw so just copped this. Now walking round the house like I’m Handy Andy himself. Gotta paint now and then gonna go for a pint like a real tradesman.

2 Likes

I got this exact one last summer. Now I’ve ran out of things to chop.

1 Like

Yeah, sometimes I’l just get given a whisky and I have to pretend to enjoy it and then I feel like an eight year old trying to look like they’re enjoying a cup of tea in order to appear grown up. Tea being something else I never really got on board with, although I do like coffee.

Really fun, need to find more things to chop.

1 Like

We did Cuba for our honeymoon and I built up the idea of sitting on a white Cuban beach with a mojito and a genuine expensive Cuban cigar so hard but when I finally lit it up it was just total rank. And I was still smoking fags then so it wasn’t smoking per se, just cigars generally

1 Like

I really want (but probably* dont need) a proper hefty table saw

*definitely

1 Like

Sudden flashback to this. Bought it at Stansted to take home, then they announced that because of the weather the flight wouldn’t be leaving for at least another couple of hours. I think it ended up being quite a lot more than that though. I bought a pint in a pub so I could sit there and went to the toilet ever five minutes to drink this. People must have thought I was new to drinking, what with getting that smashed on one pint.

Then on my phone there’s about 100 shit photos from out a plane window in the dark at night in a storm.

4 Likes

Right! Knew the difference but didn’t pay attention. Ta.

2 Likes

One of my mates used to manage Milroy’s of Soho, he’s moved away now but it was so sick to go when he was on. Discovered loads that I thought I didn’t like or would never have tried otherwise. And he always knew when the “infinity blend” was particularly good. Love that place.

1 Like

On a little thing from screwfix. £60 but made life much easier. Even managed to paint the room too. Now - Guinness!

1 Like

Guinness, then power tools.

1 Like

Is it an extender? I really want an extender

Here’s the link if it’s any good

1 Like