Middle Aged Shed

Niall my dream is to retire and fuck about and do all the shit that you do.

Making your own suit is amazing, bravo :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Trying to organise some contractors for the new kitchen, and it’s disappointing that there’s no tradesman calling himself ‘Tiler the Creator’, because it kind of works and plenty of people into that guy will be of age to need a tiler now. Although it’d put me off hiring them.

8 Likes

Tiling’s a piece of piss, do it yourself mate

for real, I’d never pay someone to do it. As soon as you realise how easy it is as well you spot all the shit jobs people have done.

3 Likes

£30 tilecutter from Wickes, change your username to @buildakitchen and away you go

2 Likes

Where I used to live there was a guy at our local pub who was a tiler, and he only had one eye.

I thought there was such a nice ring to it that I always wanted to use it as a metaphor but I’ve never had the opportunity. “blind as a one-eyed tiler” or something.

2 Likes

Just watched a how-to video and now I wish I had a wall to tile, it looks fun.

1 Like

Iv decided to learn about cars. I’m excited.

2 Likes

Could go here or the stoked thread but figured it was a bit more mid life. Chickens are in and hopefully they’ll be laying shortly

There will be a lot more chicken updates over the next few weeks

8 Likes

Anybody got an office in their garden? Been planning a loft conversion but next door has just mentioned he’s getting one of these delivered next week, and now I think I want one too. About a quarter of the price of what we’d be looking at for the loft, and no fucking about with planning permissions…

Is it weird sitting at the back of the garden? Does it get cold and boring after the first week?

I wanted one eventually but think we may end up making a bedroom an office when the kids grow up a bit. Never got further than looking at options. Think one of the easiest ways is to convert a shipping container, sink it a few feet into the ground and cut some windows snd insulate or obviously

Doesn’t sound very easy at all, tbf. Shipping containers are a bit BoxPark now anyway.

Seem to remember it can only be permanent up to like 3 foot in height, then wood above that for sheds without planning permission. Anything else needs it.

Build, I get the feeling you’d get the shed then still want/need the loft done. I’d get the loft done first but that’s just my opinion. Will be a more permanent addition to house value and oh my god what on earth has this forum become

I mean easier in a “get it in and done instead of leveling and building from the ground up”

Itll depend on the garden obviously. I reckon you could build it yourself for a fraction of the price those companies are charging if you were handy

1 Like

Got quoted £12k for one with underfloor heating.

Dimensions?

I’m not handy.

1 Like

6x4m

This guy was gonna build it himself, he made his own and it looks legit.

Might look into it more in the spring as I need a man space.

FYI

Correct Pool Table Dimensions to Leave Enough Room for Playing | Billiard.

2 Likes

I read that as 6x4ft.
Harry Potter under the stairs shit.

1 Like